Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review

Article about: I welcome expert opinions on this SS Arm Eagle. I was given this during the 1970s with some other Third Reich items but I have no idea where they all came from. Some of the items have been p

?

Default SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review

I welcome expert opinions on this SS Arm Eagle. I was given this during the 1970s with some other Third Reich items but I have no idea where they all came from. Some of the items have been proven as genuine, however I have never had the integrity of this checked out, always expecting it to be suspect. The eagle despite being in good condition does appear to have a few thread snags. I look forward to your opinions. SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review
    P
    Many

It is a reproduction of quite recent design .
    Things to look for are the totally wrong feet , and pattern of chest feathers .
    Also , the reverse will show long white threads of polyester , please check for this ( cut but not hidden in next picture ) ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review  

?

Thanks, I always suspected it and didn't really like it that much. The back does have the long white threads you mentioned. I would add though that I have had this since the 70s so copy wise it's been floating about for years, no doubt these copies rear their ugly heads now and then. Thanks again.

That is a good thing to learn - it may not turn up that often .
    As an extra warning :
    the insignia that have these telltale long polyester threads on the reverse , are often offered sewn on a cloth background , to cover this fact .
    This way , a " cutout " becomes a trap ..

As an example of an intact reverse of such a " long thread " fake ;
    ( you can cut , but not hide )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bevo Arm Eagle for Review  

So always beware if a reverse looks like this - it will be cut from a version like the above - and made of polyester .. !

THIS is what the reverses of ( all minor variations of ) BeVo original eagles look like ..

good info.