Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle

Article about: Hi Guys, After studying (scrutinising) the LAH Bevo cufftitles on the forum, I feel confident to have bought what I think is a good one ! It measures 600mm long, 31mm in height & weighs

Default SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle

Hi Guys,
    After studying (scrutinising) the LAH Bevo cufftitles on the forum, I feel confident to have bought what I think is a good one !
    It measures 600mm long, 31mm in height & weighs 5 gramms. Comparing mine to the examples on the many threads here I see a perfect match, back, front, weave, font of letters (& painstaking comparison), the only thing that has me 'foxed' is when you look at the cufftitle (front side) , there are vertical 'lines' across the length, its hard to describe (if you look carefully at the pictures you'll see), the weave is consistent, the only way to descirbe it, is these 'lines' look slightly shinier, is this a trait of these cufftitles. I would also say that in hand the colour is more of a charcoal than jet black. Would I be correct in thinking that this would be from the 1943-45 period ? Wondered your thoughts on this piece ?
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle   SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle  

SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle   SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle  

SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle  
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 10-06-2018 at 01:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bevo LAH Cufftitle
    P
    Many

?

Perfect original unissued Bevo Cufftitle.
    Thanks for showing.

Thank you for the positive comment Krisse, glad you like it, been studying these like mad ! Really happy to own this !
    Regards
    Paul

Good for you !! Glad it's good, it is quite nice.
    I am impressed with your "study ethics". That's the way to get things done
    D.

I bought the same in Mario shop, Nice!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by real steel View Post
    Good for you !! Glad it's good, it is quite nice.
    I am impressed with your "study ethics". That's the way to get things done
    D.
    Appreciate your kind words D & Lebus (Mario's a great guy to deal with !). Getting the 'study' right is painstaking, but you're so right it's the only way to be sure, but still like to run things past you guys first !
    Kind regards
    Paul

Beautiful cufftitle, in excellent condition. Congratulations.

A beauty of a LAH bevo cuff title, this looks to be unissed or worn, still has the bevo wuppertal lettering which is usually cut off to accomodate being put on a tunic sleeve....this is full length as the measurements come out at 60 cms and most tunic removed are around the 45-48cm.

You should be very happy with this CT and is always nice to have hard work of research pay off.

Well done
    David

Quote by pzsoldat View Post
    A beauty of a LAH bevo cuff title, this looks to be unissed or worn, still has the bevo wuppertal lettering which is usually cut off to accomodate being put on a tunic sleeve....this is full length as the measurements come out at 60 cms and most tunic removed are around the 45-48cm.

You should be very happy with this CT and is always nice to have hard work of research pay off.

Well done
    David
    Thank you David, I am very appreciative of the members on here for posting their examples & on WAF, in order to study & learn, I feel very lucky to be able to have acquired this, along with many things in my collection, only something that a fellow, passionate collector can understand.
    Kind regards
    Paul

?

Typical original cuff title. Nice catch!