Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Black Officer's Visor for review

Article about: I just viewed this visor in person and took a bunch of photos. Hopefully I captured the necessary details required to make an accurate assessment. Knowing the proliferation of duds I am natu

Here is more data for those who have not delved into the many threads we have on black SS officer caps.

SS Fuehrermuetze, Sonderanfertigung, Fa Mueller, Muenchen ca. 193X

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black Officer's Visor for review
    P
    Many

We strive to avoid the phrase "Allgemeine SS," unless the owner really was in the Allgemeine SS. The black cap was used by all branches.

?

Wow look at the glossy shine on the peak.A big contrast to some of the un polished ones We see.Was one more desirable than the other at the time they were worn I wonder?

FB-
    Although the badges are of different material. this could also reflect a period replacement due to damage to one(likely the adler). What are your thoughts on this? I am not sure the non matching materials would have been of as great a concern to the original owner as it is to modern collectors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    FB-
    Although the badges are of different material. this could also reflect a period replacement due to damage to one(likely the adler). What are your thoughts on this? I am not sure the non matching materials would have been of as great a concern to the original owner as it is to modern collectors.
    Yes, Bob, you are absolutely right. The difference is immaterial. Modern collectors over state these things. They insist on untouched insignia, which is not the case in 50% of caps, not the least because silly collectors
    want to know who made a badge, and cannot tell by looking at the front.

The cap is 100% and quite rare. I am very prone to the officer's Sonderanfertigung, as it was phased out earlier than other models of cap. And it is the nicely made cap.

The officer corps of the SS was very small, as I have pointed....so these caps are very rare and this one is a bargain.

SS Black Officer's Visor for reviewSS Black Officer's Visor for reviewSS Black Officer's Visor for reviewI have two caps with the alu badges which are really for the grey cap, and these badges are original to the caps.

Very nice cap .. !
    IMO the eagle is a Zimmermann , possibly of this ( late Alu / Cupal ) type :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black Officer's Visor for review  

The alu badges on my black caps are M 1/ 72, Zimmermann, but of the epoch 1938-1939 or so. Or 1936ff, which is the year in which the alu insignia was first used.

The maker of the badges is not important to me. The cap itself is the critical thing, and, in the Exponat before us, is an August Mueller, A 2/ 143, which made many of these Sonderanfertigung caps. The cap is far more rare than the cap badges, and it is good shape and it is very cheaply priced.

I do not want to split hairs in that I mention the badges or the source of it as having been an auction. These are immaterial facts. Some are purists, who want a cap with "untouched" badges and it can only come from: a.) the family of the departed Nazi or b.) from the family of the departed GI, i.e. "out of the woodwork..." These circumstances limit the range of the possible based on my some fifty three years of collecting.

The data goes to show the inconsequential issues which then are over blown on websites. A collector who may not feel comfortable making a decision alone deserves our support and encouragement.

The other website is devoted to causing the Schreck in the beginner so as to assure a supply of swag for a besotted few.

SS Black Officer's Visor for reviewThis is a Zimmermann badge, but without a later VA SS contract number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast