Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Black tunic

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Donnie- Any dealer who would purport this tunic to be an original is either totally ignorant or not to be trusted on anything. There are so many errors in this piece such as i

Default Re: SS Black tunic

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Donnie-
    Any dealer who would purport this tunic to be an original is either totally ignorant or not to be trusted on anything. There are so many errors in this piece such as incorrect collar piping for an officer rank, incorrect form of RZM tag, incorrect fabric and of course, the poor fake insignia. Study the examples posted by our resident guru FB of these ebony treasures and your knowledge will quickly increase.
    Bob
    Thanks...colleagues Coleman and Hritz have several of these black uniforms, too, and can perhaps share.

The issue here with a lot of regalia is simple: many, many souls here have never actually seen one of these things in real life or had to chance to deepen themselves in their traits. Of course, a small minority has done so....it is all part of the digitalized hall of mirrors in which we live and which causes me deep unease.

I think in the end that the internet does a lot of mischief in that us likes post real material: it is copied by nasty people: it is then used as bait to tempt many, many more excited by the digitalized pictures and on and on. How can you duplicate the smell and feel of these authentic things? How can you offer the proverbial Fingerspitzengefuehl which is so vital to this undertaking? If our readers have never actually seen such a thing and held it, how can we impart any knowledge but in an incomplete way?

Menschlich, allzu menschlich.....

my attached diagram seeks to illustrate this unhappy fact.

Textiles age over seventy plus years and the fakers cannot duplicate this process. Even the un issued material (Kammerexemplare) has degraded with time, even when kept in ideal conditions.

Happy foetid woolens.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Black tunic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black tunic
    P
    Many

?

FB -

Thanks for you images and insight on this mine-field.

BB

other images in no order and no single theme other than that of this thread. The peaked cap enclosed herein reflects the use of the 1927/9 Hoheitszeichen in all these images of headwear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black tunic   SS Black tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Black tunic  SS Black tunic  SS Black tunic  SS Black tunic 

Uniforms worn after the war's outbreak.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black tunic  

If the date of the foto of this KVK RK man is correct, then such proves plainly that the black uniform remained in wear for part timers until the bitter end.

It is a very small point, but contradicts collector group think and the errors in the collector literature.

other details of an attractive uniform posted here a few months ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black tunic   SS Black tunic  

SS Black tunic  

a piece owned by an acquaintance of signal merit.

?

F-B.

For the unwashed, surely including myself, would you elaborate on the lower chevron on the first picture of your post #13 on this thread.

Kindest for these pictures, in any event.

Said chevron denotes Stabscharfuehrer, a senior NCO rank as in "Der Spiess" in the deutsche Heer. I believe today this uniform is the property of Dave Delich. I think it was a brevet or frocked rank, in fact, if you are familiar with said things in the US Army.

another image of some lost item from the 1960s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black tunic  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast