Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Black Visor Cap

Article about: Hope all like the pictures, pretty sure this one is sound! Any input appreciated and welcome

?

Default SS Black Visor Cap

Hope all like the pictures, pretty sure this one is sound!
    Any input appreciated and welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Black Visor Cap   SS Black Visor Cap  

SS Black Visor Cap   SS Black Visor Cap  

SS Black Visor Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Black Visor Cap

From the images, this appears to be a period original cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for viewing and commenting Bob,

Eagle is an Assman 155/36 - stamped RZM and die struck

TK is marked M1/52, which is Deschler & Sohn, Munich

Looked untampered with when I picked it up but as always good opinions are very
    reasuring at the price they are these days

A Wille cap of normal type and quite authentic. Also lacking the RZM/SS stamp on the peak, as is typical of these. May never have been issued. A very fine piece. Bravo.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-15-2011 at 05:37 PM.

?

Thanks Friedrich, do you have any further info regards the "willie" manufacturer?
    Was there a reason for the rzm visor stamp exclusion? I've had someone else say it's a wicke made cap and that the visor may not be right although the rest of the cap is definitely good.

Thanks all in advance.

That's an incredible piece, and in such great condition. I'm feeling a combination of jealousy and awe!

Mat

?

WOW! got me beat,, EXCELLENT

Quote by WILCO View Post
    Thanks Friedrich, do you have any further info regards the "willie" manufacturer?
    Was there a reason for the rzm visor stamp exclusion? I've had someone else say it's a wicke made cap and that the visor may not be right although the rest of the cap is definitely good.

Thanks all in advance.
    The absence of the RZM/SS mark is typical in these caps of later make. Notice that the stamp on the leather strap is from 1939, whereby these caps may have never been used because the bulk of Allgem. SS or those others who wore the black uniform were mobilized or the black uniform was suspended for said part of the SS, i.e. SSVT However, this is just speculation, in any case. The black uniform remained in use, however, in principle, but the numbers who would have worn it shrank greatly.
    Wille was one of the northern German makers of these caps, of which Wagner was another. There is no particular significance to the maker. Who ever told you that there is an error with the visor is wrong. These things are totally over analyzed nowadays to the detriment of all concerned. If such persons expended more effort to enlighten themselves through their own exertion versus superstitious and blind absorption of dogma (half baked, and gooey) from the internet mountebank and "experienced collector," since some admit the impossibility of expertise, then this regalia and its owners suffer. You have a nice cap and made even nicer, clear images of what is very exemplary of the post 1936/7 make of cap. These are not especially rare and now they are faked in ways that I do not feel enjoined to reveal in complete detail, and I welcome my condemnation by others. If you are serious about this stuff, go find someone who has one or more of these and look at them in person. Don't rely on these pictures. Happy hats and happy collecting. Also, I received not a farthing for this advice and I am not connected to criminal enterprises, at least not to one that make old Nazi junk to screw the naive collector.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.

You are lucky to own a nice piece, and thereby you have set yourself apart from the bulk of others who have never even seen such an object, to say nothing of pretend to the ability to understand its features, its history, its value.
    The latter constitute most of those persons who post on websites to give vent to their frustration ad ignorance in a remarkably childish way (maybe because some of these really are ten year olds...?) , whereby they do no honor to themselves and harm honest and open collectors, who seek knowledge without harming other people.SS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor CapSS Black Visor Cap

?

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to look at the visor, great info and will sleep a little easier at night with the positive reviews.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast