Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS box?

Article about: I "collected" WW2 items as a young kid growing up on listening to first hand accounts. Once in a while vets would give me things.. and sometimes non vets as well. The time didn't l

Default SS box?

I "collected" WW2 items as a young kid growing up on listening to first hand accounts. Once in a while vets would give me things.. and sometimes non vets as well. The time didn't last long, I stopped collecting those items through my teen and even college years... now, many years later I am digging through things and it has renewed my interest. Some things may have been given to me because they were known repros... I don't know, it was the 70s and 80's when I got this stuff. Here is one such piece, a SS box, I have no history other than I got it from an old fart here in Wisconsin when I gave him some trade beads that he liked, it wasn't a trade, I gave him somthing and then he gave me two things to show is appreciation I suppose. I am suspicious of both items... so does anybody know anything about this box? Could it be authentic? There are no obvious signs to me one way or the other. It does seem to be in pretty good shape though... any thoughts welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS box?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS box?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS box?

This medal I'm sure was unrelated but came from the same person.... medal is not even in color and seems to have what I can only say is a porous surface.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS box?  

Hmmm... I'm a noobe here so now I'm wondering... did I post this in the wrong place? I appologize in advance if I have-

?

the medal looks a little slopy, the red stamp is off centre,,, looks repro to me

sorry but both are definitely reproductions...Robert

I've never seen that medal before, could it be a Fantasy object? Probably.
    The details are very poor too.

KJV
    ?

Hi,
    actually the medal is suppose to be a Spanish Eastern Front award for the Blue Division, can't really tell if it's good, but here is the medals back ground.
    Regards,
    Kevin

Spanish Eastern Front Award

The Spanish Government under Francisco Franco produced and issued many awards to volunteers and "Falange" party members. One of the most recognizable and prestigious awards is the Commemorative Medal for Spanish Volunteers in the Struggle against Bolshevism. However, this award was issued by the German Government and later reproduced by the Spanish Goverment as replacement piece for veterans.

The box is a fantasy design.

The medal is a fake. I have shown an original from my collection on the forum in the past.

Cheers, Ade.

So this medal did exist. The box has the SS runes like used on the very early helmet as decals.