Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

Article about: In the end it is a conglomeration of several things but it is a poor fake. Morris

Default Re: SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen

These originate out of Poland.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Breast Star Mehrsein Als Scheinen
    P
    Many

4th Reich, looks like a pretty poor fake.

What is it a fake Of though, like does this type of medal even exist. I have a lot of duds I just want to know what to label it at this point lol. In person this is very nicely made, not soft like other fakes. But I understand it is not original thats OK! I have Real items to check out and other duds to verify, so just like a 9 inning baseball came, gona be alot of misses, a decent amount of hits, and Maybe a few home runs! Copyrighting that last one btw haha pretty clever

Anyway thanks everyone and best regards from up here in Massachusetts. Ill try to upload some Armbands ive never had anyone look at before next, should be 50/50 DUD/Original

P.S. won a lot from hagenburg germany or something im Very interested in sharring when it gets here. SS ring? Sword? Medals? Antique Art? wait ok not this forum for that but be on the lookout for my new posts!

?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Hi New England, I agree with FB, it's a fantasy piece that's a mishmash of several organizations and the casting is not good. The lettering is also rather poor, but the motto is from the NPEA, or the Nazi Student League, and means, roughly, "Be modest but always excel". I think the wreath below is probably borrowed from a WW1 patriotic brooch of some sort.
    It's a Frankenstein. I agree with my friend Tempelhof about the translation being something more akin to "be more than you appear to be". This was my first thought, but I was concerned about making too direct of a translation. I think his translation is better though.

A fantasy piece is something that never existed. I would not call this a Frankenstein as that term denotes a fake made up of original and reproduction parts which this badge is not.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Good point Bob, I didn't think about that connotation. I just wanted to drive home that this is made up from the symbols and mottos of several organizations and is an unnatural beast that would have never existed. A "Jackalope" may be a better term for this thing.

hello doomtown!
    i am glad you didn't take my tweaking your translation as coming by to step on it or something.
    honestly, what you wrote is very close in spirit to what i threw down. "be modest but always excel" is close to "excel while appearing modest" which is close to "be more than you appear to be". yours is, as a translation, just a little looser. i just wanted to throw a slightly "tighter" version out there as it were.

as for the badge as a whole... a Jack-A-Lope indeed!

The translation is " Be more than you appear to Be" - lets not progress to a "tighter " Fifth Reich version. Kind regards, Grant Reimers.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    hello doomtown!
    i am glad you didn't take my tweaking your translation as coming by to step on it or something.
    honestly, what you wrote is very close in spirit to what i threw down. "be modest but always excel" is close to "excel while appearing modest" which is close to "be more than you appear to be". yours is, as a translation, just a little looser. i just wanted to throw a slightly "tighter" version out there as it were.

as for the badge as a whole... a Jack-A-Lope indeed!
    Not at all! What you wrote was my original thought, and I found the other translation on a site about the NPEA and second-guessed my original translation. I agree that "be more than you appear to be" is a better translation and I should have stuck with what I thought it said.

Mehr sein als scheinen is generally translated as "be more than you appear...." Doomtown's pictures are very good, indeed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast