Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please

Article about: Greetings I would appreciate your opinions (once again) on this pair of black wool SS breeches. The breeches appear to be genuine TR but again not necessarily SS. The RZM tag also looks real

Default SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please

Greetings I would appreciate your opinions (once again) on this pair of black wool SS breeches. The breeches appear to be genuine TR but again not necessarily SS. The RZM tag also looks real but the question is: Is it original to the garment? I think not, and with no other sign of SS stamps on the material, I am in doubt of it being SS. Also the blue steel buckles are a mystery to me, but my experience with these is very limited. Your thoughts and musings are most welcome, please. Regards, Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please   SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please  

SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please   SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please  

SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please   SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions please

There are major differnces in the cut between these and what others are shown by contributers to this site. Also, on closer examination, the RZM symbol seems to be only a single circle, however poor resolution makes it difficult to be certain. Paul

The tag is a stinker, though the image ain't too good. Wait for another.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.

SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleaseSS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleaseSS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleaseThese are SS breeches ca. 1935/6. The white tag of this type is the only one in breeches I have ever seen and am happy to own it.
    The black tag is of later date and widely faked. We have many examples of originals.

?

Agreed. The tag on these breeches seems too often encountered and as FB said, its a stinker. The blued metal hardware is not uncommon to find on genuine items, though, from what I can make out on the photos, the design of the fasteners on the waist to make the garment fit snug is a departure from what I have seen in my limited exposure to these things.

As FB said, wait for another.

CMH

Below is a pair of private purchase breeches:

?

The tag and the breeches are fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

There is no 100% standardized tailor made pattern for breeches. They vary from simply made to extravagant works of the greatest craft.
    The issue breeches are enclosed in my post in their earlier form.
    The tags also get lost over time granted the nature of posteriors and textiles.
    The widely faked tags are a pest, but they can be spotted.

The issue is if someone charges a princely sum for a pair of breeches that are deficient.
    Un marked black breeches are easily had and suffice for those desiring to play with life size dolls and such.

Thanks again for your opinions and guidance. The price being sought was low-range... more than one would pay for TR black breeches but less than what authentic SS breeches might go for.
    Collecting SS materials, both in terms of prices and abundance of fakes is a challenge in itself. Previously I collected occasional German forestry materials, which although a similarly interesting setting (with State, Luftwaffe and Heer forestry services) has an absence of such interesting, helpful and enthusiastic contributers as I find here. Thanks again, Paul

SS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleaseSS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleaseSS Breeches with tag. Your opinions pleasean authentic tag versus the goofy one here in the first post. The lining material is more or less the same as in the sleeves of the issue tunic. D2 = Konfektionsbetriebe, Kleiderfabriken..... the large number for the license is quite normal, as there were tens of thousands of such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast