2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cammo effectiveness
    P
    Many

kc1
    ?

Default Re: SS Cammo effectiveness

The full Monty, Normandy '44
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cammo effectiveness  SS Cammo effectiveness 

I hunt with a compound bow and to be accurate and humane 30-40m is the optimal range.
    I have used every thing from military patterns to comercial (real tree etc) cams.After a few years of trial and error I settled for two patterns.
    Summer I run with USMC Marpat(for the tan base ) and over winter Danish M84 (two greens and black).I loose both of these military patterns over 40m where cams like real tree i can still make out at longer distances.Up a tree they may work OK but on the turf is a diffrent story.
    As you all know the M84 is a variation of German flec which has it's origins in the WW2 SS designs.
    I stalked two young Fallow Deer a month ago in my M84 and got to with-in 25m.I could not get a clear shot to the vitals though so they are both still up there roaming around.
    Have a good one

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    I hunt with a compound bow and to be accurate and humane 30-40m is the optimal range.
    I have used every thing from military patterns to comercial (real tree etc) cams.After a few years of trial and error I settled for two patterns.
    Summer I run with USMC Marpat(for the tan base ) and over winter Danish M84 (two greens and black).I loose both of these military patterns over 40m where cams like real tree i can still make out at longer distances.Up a tree they may work OK but on the turf is a diffrent story.
    As you all know the M84 is a variation of German flec which has it's origins in the WW2 SS designs.
    I stalked two young Fallow Deer a month ago in my M84 and got to with-in 25m.I could not get a clear shot to the vitals though so they are both still up there roaming around.
    Have a good one
    Sorry Dave I only just saw this post
    Very nice and thanks for the in use evaluation

Quote by drago1983 View Post
    Hi,
    Look how also the new american ACU works!!
    altrought I don't know where it can be usefull....

Davide
    ACU only works on that couch.The US Army is most disapointed with the preformance of this pattern in the field.
    Multicam is replacing it as we speak,well type anyway.
    That image has been floating around for a while now,It's grey on grey and has to blend in to some extent,not so good when the background color is something else.
    The counter to that tho is German Field Grey was quite an effective color on the battlefield.
    All the best

No worries Rene.
    Only what I've learnt over time and trial.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    ACU only works on that couch.The US Army is most disapointed with the preformance of this pattern in the field.
    Multicam is replacing it as we speak,well type anyway.
    That image has been floating around for a while now,It's grey on grey and has to blend in to some extent,not so good when the background color is something else.
    The counter to that tho is German Field Grey was quite an effective color on the battlefield.
    All the best
    I post a quick reply to this on your post Mod Cams https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...n-cams-130487/

?

Rene That is one Sweet Zeltbahn you posted in the starter to this thread man does that blend in nice.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Rene That is one Sweet Zeltbahn you posted in the starter to this thread man does that blend in nice.

Regards Mark K
    Cheers Mate it's a 4 piece one late war using off cuts to extend the lower 2 corners, well in the picture shown the left and top
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-08-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added text

?

Great thread Rene, I had no idea that erbstarn worked that well! Thanks for the illustration.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast