Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS camo cap

Article about: Sorry for not using the right terminology for this capo but its just not my thing. I have been offered it and would appreciate any input as to its originality. There is a story with it, it w

Room for one more nail? The fabric shows it to be a reproduction cap. It is cotton drill, when it should be cotton poplin and with printed camo pattern on both sides (so reversible) also air vents are not a good sign on these either, rivets or not. You could flex the visor, if it springs back it's plastic inside, it should be leather inside, so not springy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS camo cap
    P
    Many

A few period photos showing this type of camo cap in use. Badged caps were less common than those without. First photo is of Peiper during Battle of the Bulge.

SS camo capSS camo capSS camo cap

Great info and much appreciated. Won't be going near that one for sure.

There is what is described as an original on "Luxmilitaria" website, page 2 under head gear. It's two sided with the different camo colors for fall/spring. I believe it to be original. Also want to note, many of these were field made, so possible various examples exist that were period done. A dangerous item to seek
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2