Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Cap

Article about: I think so too, cupal Zimmerman I think. Just a repaired pin that went through to the outside. That's what the seller told me anyway.

Default Re: SS Cap

the cap does look convincing, I recognize a Assmann skull on It.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    the cap does look convincing, I recognize a Assmann skull on It.
    It's Deschler

?

Quote by cysior View Post
    It's Deschler
    Definately not an Assman.

Matthew

Hi guys, I have been talking with the seller and he sent me some pictures he took himself. Originally, I just wanted to see better pictures of the cap, but now I've had a lapse of sanity and am actually considering trying to snag it.. This is for real and the cap is very nice. It's currently on hold for me during the talks, but things may or may not work out. At any rate I hope it gets a good home.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cap   SS Cap  

SS Cap  

Good cap

And I'd agree it's a Deschler

?

How anyone can be sure it's definitely a genuine cap without a hands on inspection is beyond me.
    Every SS visor has to be closely scrutinised, especially non Kleiderkasse ones.

I asked the seller why ebay and not sell back to Keith the dealer or advertise on a forum. His reply seems honest.

"Keith said he had a buyer lined up for it but has not got back to me yet and I needed a quick sale. I was going to put it on the WA forum but ebay was easier to be honest. I also know that all the collectors keep an eye on ebay.. Selling the cap on ebay by no way lessons its originalty I assure you.

The other thing is dealers always offer you a lot less than you want so I thought an ebay sale would get me what I want or generate interest which it has."

Quote by BenVK View Post
    How anyone can be sure it's definitely a genuine cap without a hands on inspection is beyond me.
    Every SS visor has to be closely scrutinised, especially non Kleiderkasse ones.
    Ben, here are some more pictures he sent me. I know an actual inspection is best, but based on these pretty detailed photos, how certain would you be that it is the real thing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cap   SS Cap  

SS Cap   SS Cap  

SS Cap   SS Cap  

SS Cap  

Ben
    I appreciate what you are saying, but I have handled this cap when Keith had it, and I felt it was good (ok that proves nothing)

But in this economic climate, it's sometimes difficult to justify spending out a lot on one item, in the hope that you'll get the money back sometime soon. Large expensive items are just not selling .........still!

JMO

?

Hi John, my comments weren't aimed at anyone in particular. I just worry sometimes how such things get authenticated via photographs, especially when people will be bidding on the back of what's been said.

You've handled the cap so that's different. I would still have to see it for myself though, no offence and that's the point I'm trying to make. You have to know for yourself what you are doing with these things. Some guy on WAF posted this same cap and even asked if £3k would a good price to get it for. It scares me to death to think someone would risk that amount based on other peoples opinions. I know the seller has offered an inspection but will the highest bidder know what to look for?

?

Oh, and who ever starts bidding with 5 days left to go!

I was honestly interested myself but now the whole world knows about it (quite a smart move on the seller's behalf) I won't be bidding. I like getting the ones that no one else notice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast