Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?

Article about: Hey everyone. Here is a cap eagle that i found at an auction, the auction is coming up soon and i wanted opinions. The eagle is unmarked with 3 prongs on the reverse. The prongs are flat not

?

Default SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?

Hey everyone. Here is a cap eagle that i found at an auction, the auction is coming up soon and i wanted opinions. The eagle is unmarked with 3 prongs on the reverse. The prongs are flat not rounded. There is a picture of the back, however that is the only image i can not download. Anyway, i will keep trying. Until then, here is the front. Thanks guys! The quicker the response the better, ty!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?

I found the path for the small icon of the reverse..... however, this is as big as gets... i thought it would get bigger, sorry!

?

I found the reverse large picture thread..... here it is. It looks like an original to me....Bob, any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?  

Welcome newbie, first of all, it not aluminum, but zinc and a good Assmann late war three flatprong ss viroscap eagle.
    But be aware that this piece suffers from zinc rot. And could infect other zinc pieces.The process cannot be stopped completely and therefor would not be for me.
    A shame really, especially since this piece has a very nice patina.
    And I do believe there will be a marking on the left backside. If you can plse check
    Last edited by Niederlande; 08-24-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

I have never seen an Assmann zinc eagle with flat prongs.

Bob Hritz

?

Hey Niederlande, i knew it was zinc, i just mis-spoke, i was e-mailing someone else the same time i was posting and just kept saying aluminum, lol ... Bob, i agree, i never have seen a flat prong Assmann, but it does look original, what is your take on it?

Here's one for ya:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?   SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?  

And another one:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?   SS cap eagle, aluminum and unmarked...... real?  

Rzm ss 155/42

?

So...... is this original or a repro?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast