Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS cap on ebay for $1250.00

Article about: This is on ebay, right now. What are the chances it is legit? For \\$1250.00 He has an officer's dagger for \\$1000.00

Default Re: SS cap on ebay for $1250.00

That dagger is awful. Even I can spot that one ... true value about $50 and that's being generous.
    All the best,
    David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS  cap on ebay for 50.00
    P
    Many

Dick
    ?

Ebay is no place to look for anything ss, unless you want a fake. PERIOD!
    THEIR PUBLISHED POLICY IS NOT TO LET SS BE ON THERE IF IT IS REAL!
    The dagger is one of those common new shinny fakes, that one has not been made to look old. Some other sellers on Ebay have done fake aging to the same exact fake dagger.

however if you trawl through the mountain of dross on eban, sometimes a gem appears. They do exist, but you have to look hard
    Attached Images Attached Images SS  cap on ebay for 50.00 

?

Quote by Dick View Post
    Ebay is no place to look for anything ss, unless you want a fake. PERIOD!
    Well, I have to disagree of course!
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...isor-ebay.html

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The more we see and talk about stupid fakes, the stupider we become and the deeper we fall into the pit of unhappiness.

Let other sites become cess pools of fakes and frauds.

We choose the truth.
    FB you are correct again and so is everyone else who has made a statement about ebay collectors section. Fools, frauds and fakes.

rgrds, Ty

Dick
    ?

The only way I can describe buying real ss items off of Ebay.
    It's like looking to find a peanut in the shit that somehow slipped though, and most likely will still stink!.

Ah yes Ben, i almost forgot about your find on ebay. You on the other hand know what you were looking at on ebay. We all know there are good buys given the correct circumstances and a keen eye. It's the untrained collector who is the fool. I can say fool because in the past i was one of them.

rgrds, TY

Quote by Dick View Post
    The only way I can describe buying real ss items off of Ebay.
    It's like looking to find a peanut in the shit that somehow slipped though, and most likely will still stink!.
    Bravo, a forceful figure of speech. In the beginning, there were some nice pieces, but such soon ended. Ben VK struck a non stinking you know what recently, but such is plainly the exception.

The place to find real SS pieces tends to be among those who hold them, glamor dealers, and sometimes in parts of Los Angeles or Philadelphia or somewhere similar where one is simply party to great luck. Robert H finds the stuff in Germany, but he has magical powers. I prefer the break up of old, established and little known collections, myself. I have surely overpaid, but I do not have the time to look in the nooks and crannies that are laden with magic and great lore of bargains and miracles.

?

I really don't mind other people knocking ebay as a place to find these things, it leaves more space for people like me to operate!
    But you know, I have found some of my favourite and rarest caps there.
    I don't know about anyone else but part of the enjoyment of collecting for me is searching for, identifying, bidding and owning really nice authentic caps at a fraction of the price dealers ask. It does take time and effort but to be honest, if I had had to rely on buying from dealers or even other collectors to get me started in this hobby, I would never have bothered because the cost is too prohibitive when you're just starting out. A risky strategy I know but it's worked for me.
    At the risk of boring everybody, here are some of my ebay finds. Some might feel that I'm showing off here but that's not my intention. I merely wish to show what can be found with time, effort and a lot of luck.

M40 with period applied Luft insignia sewn over the army eagle and recently published in John Hodgin's book "German Paratroops in North Africa". Bought a few years back from ebay for "peanuts", there were no bidders and I secured the cap after the auction had finished from a guy who got it direct from the vet who bought it back from Africa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS  cap on ebay for 50.00  

?

thats a cracking looking cap Ben, and i agree with you ebay is a good place to find treasures but you have to trawl thru it and put the time in, i have had a couple of decent wins from ebay rgds Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast