Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS-cap, weapon colour green?

Article about: Good afternoon. A few hours ago, this cap was at ebay.de, then the "ebay-police" deleted it. Were there any visors like this one worn between 1933 and 1945? Thank you for your time

Default SS-cap, weapon colour green?

Good afternoon.

A few hours ago, this cap was at ebay.de, then the "ebay-police" deleted it.
    Were there any visors like this one worn between 1933 and 1945?

Thank you for your time.

Grenzwolf

P.S. actually no more pics than this three
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-cap, weapon colour green?   SS-cap, weapon colour green?  

SS-cap, weapon colour green?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-cap, weapon colour green?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-cap, weapon colour green?

I am pretty sure that here in the pictures is a Bw cap ca. 1970 something. In fact, I owned an authentic enlisted or NCO cap for Jaeger in the Waffen SS or mounted rifles at one point and sold it to a major collector who still has it....it was sold in the Manion's auction originally in the early 1980s. I do not have an image of it. Truth be told, I have owned two authentic Waffen SS caps with Waffenfarbe, and I sold both of them despite their being real because of all the bullsh!t associated with such objects in the internet.

and I do not regret it, either.

But this thing you show is a piece of junk. I have some old Bw caps and will make them into SS caps at no extra cost, only materials.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Truth be told, I have owned two authentic Waffen SS caps with Waffenfarbe, and I sold both of them despite their being real because of all the bullsh!t associated with such objects in the internet.
    If only I had been collecting back when you had them for sale FB, I would have gladly taken them off your hands.

?

look at the T.V. in the second picture! its not so inviting

Quote by BenVK View Post
    If only I had been collecting back when you had them for sale FB, I would have gladly taken them off your hands.
    I am sorry about that. I sold them in the past decade, actually, not the least because of the stupidity paraded on these threads. But you have a nice Pz one, don't you still?

?

Yes, I do still have it. It's one of my favourites.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-cap, weapon colour green?  

I sold mine so I would be free of the endless drivel which adheres to these things like sh!t on the sidewalk. I stick with the black caps, or the grey ones that have some RZM/SS mark, which are very few, in turn.
    However, Ben, yours is a nice and handsome piece. My Jaeger was similar, and the Pz I had was not unlike it, either. Both are long gone and not mourned by me at all. It has a nice patina and the badges fit the cap nicely.

?

I really don't take any notice of the nonsense written about these piped caps. There is nothing special or unusual about their construction and nothing to fear. The same due diligence is needed of course but no more or less than any other hat.

Since I live in the US, the knock on effect of the superstitions that such Waffenfarbe were employed for six weeks in 1940 in the Waffen SS is legion, compounded by the novel idea that all Germans followed all the rules, all the time, and no cap maker ever deviated from these selfsame rules. In reality, the SS personages wasted their energy with silly rules, and then more silly rules confusing people as to when and when not to follow the silly rules. It is t a small wonder that they accomplished as much as they did. What does matter is that those who proffer such half truths and untruths are themselves without imagination, bereft of any historical knowledge, and total bores. You would not want to chat with them longer than 90 seconds, that's for sure. The latter features made me sell the caps as a kind of protest, since group think is the dominant mode of thought here.SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?
    In the UK, you have more freedom than I do nowadays.

As concerns my generalization about regulations in the SS, read this:SS-cap, weapon colour green?SS-cap, weapon colour green?