Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question

Article about: Hi Gents ! A question to our history and regulation specialits ... Some one knows he if this badges could be worn on the BLACK uniforms please ? thank you P.

Default SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question

Hi Gents !

A question to our history and regulation specialits ...

Some one knows he if this badges could be worn on the BLACK uniforms please ?

thank you

P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    A question to our history and regulation specialits ...
    Some one knows he if this badges could be worn on the BLACK uniforms please ?
    For most of the sleeve diamonds shown in the above chart, I would say theoretically, yes, but not de facto, as the group of persons for whom they were intended - i.e. the wartime Fachführer/Fachunterführer - would not have been kitted out with black uniforrms.

An exception is the Odalrune badge, as this had existed long before and was definitely worn on the black uniform, both by personnel of the RuSHA proper and by Bauernreferenten, who were subordinate to the RuSHA.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks for reply !

and how about the RECRUITMENT, PROCUREMENT, EDUCATION SLEEVE DIAMOND ?

possible ?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question 

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    For most of the sleeve diamonds shown in the above chart, I would say theoretically, yes, but not de facto, as the group of persons for whom they were intended - i.e. the wartime Fachführer/Fachunterführer - would not have been kitted out with black uniforrms.

An exception is the Odalrune badge, as this had existed long before and was definitely worn on the black uniform, both by personnel of the RuSHA proper and by Bauernreferenten, who were subordinate to the RuSHA.
    Sound analysis. Mollo makes clear that the Fachfuehrer were an institution of the Waffen SS, and as my Bavarian colleague suggest, not entitled to a black uniform.

Many of these badges were, I think, wartime introductions, with some exceptions.

- - Updated - -

Wim Saris and Mr. d'Alquen would know for sure. And you can also look in Mollo, too.

Thank you very much for the additional info Friedrich

The issue is treated in Vol. VI of Mollo, if memory serves, or also in Vol. VII. I do not use Angolia because of its many errors.

The order from June 1942 on Waffen SS Fachfuehrer is translated on p. 79 of Vol. VII of Mollo. Further material is from pp. 80-83 in detail. I am not sure if Vol. VII was reprinted in the '90s. I have the volume from 1 9 7 6, when I bought it...at a time when this was all much, much simpler.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-19-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Great, thank you !

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Great, thank you !
    Good luck with your collecting.

Here is a trade diamond i picked up recently.I thought it relevant to the thread.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question   SS CAREER & TRADE BADGES question