Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS cloth eagle

Article about: G'day folks, I saw this cloth SS cap eagle today, it is for sale by a bloke here in Perth. The old bloke had it in a frame inside a cellophane plastic bag which was stickytaped around the th

Default SS cloth eagle

G'day folks,
    I saw this cloth SS cap eagle today, it is for sale by a bloke here in Perth. The old bloke had it in a frame inside a cellophane plastic bag which was stickytaped around the thing so I could'nt get very good pics. I know the pics are crappy and I have none of the back but I was wondering if anyone can give any opinions on it's authenticity based on these two shots, he is asking $125 for it. I thought the weave looked good, it is very fine and looks to be good quality. Any thoughts would be appreciated, cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cloth eagle   SS cloth eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cloth eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS cloth eagle

It could be the photos, but the beak looks a bit off for me.

Tom

The beak was something I thought might be a bit of a concern too. Thanks for the comment mate.

HI Dave,

The swaz it a little wonky too ...... is it supposed to be tunic removed? .....as it looks rough around the edges.

Dan

It's supposed to have been removed from a cap, hence the rough tatty edges. I really know nothing about these things boys and wouldn't have searched one out, it is just that the bloke had this thing so I thought I'd take a couple of pics with my phone and see what you fellas thought.

?

That's an authentic cap eagle IMO.
    Offer him $100 and you can sell it to me for double that price if you want!

I've seen those nob beaks before. I'd agree with Ben and say it's good also.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not the best pics , but IMHO we're looking at the following repro here - where not just the beak is wrong , but also the leg area ( known as the 3-legged version - I just see it as a peeing eagle ) ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cloth eagle  

Thanks Ben and William, the only thing that put me off this eagle was the funny looking beak but the rest of it looks to be really high quality to my untrained eye. Based on what you've said I'll try to grab it, I don't think the old bloke will move on price but at $125 I think it's pretty good anyway. If I can get it from him I'll remove it from that crappy frame and post some good clear photos of it. Thanks again boys for your advice.

- - Updated - -

Oh bugger, that is the exact same eagle Winkleman!

?

It's the first time I've heard of this "third leg" fake!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast