Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Article about: Hi guys, I was doing so research the other day, and I read somewhere that Clothing company Hugo Boss tailored and made uniforms for the SS. Has anyone heard of this?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I was under the impression , that Black was used in the tradition of the Death Head Hussars , also the reason for the choice of a totenkopf as insignia . This is a interesting topic , and I hope the period paperwork is one day discovered as HPL has said . One thing we can all agree on is , it was the snappiest uniform in the history of uniforms .
    Cheers
    As I know nothing about the tailoring of these uniforms..i support CBH thoughts on the Hussars..and I have seen a black cap somewhere on StoneMints cap forum..showing the same style Black cap as seen with our related TR study SS caps.

Yet I can not pin point the thread in my observation..but yet the post is thread / post is available..if someone would kindly post a link to support this thread Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS clothing by Hugo Boss
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Not what Larry is looking for but an interesting background on the Black SS uniform and insignia , posted before but still relevant .Waterloo 200 » Black Brunswick Death’s Head

As far as I have found out the tunic for the Allgemeine-SS was introduced practically
    at the same moment as the tunic for the SA was. This last was announced by the SA
    Chief-of-staff Ernst Röhm with an OSAF-order from July 7, 1932 (as Qu. Nr. 1543/32).
    The order included the description for the tunic.

In spring 1932 the tunic for the SS was shown to the public. See included photograph,
    which I used in volume 4 for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany". In the order
    it was not said who had made the design for the tunic, but I am sure it was not Boss!

SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Thank you, Wim. You are always the final word here.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, Wim. You are always the final word here.
    Thanks FB. Maybe d'Alquen can tell us the exact date!!

?

Notice that the "new" SS tunic as posted by Wilhelm above has lower patch pockets as found on the SA tunic at this point. The decision to go with concealed angled slash and flap pockets (a wise one in my opinion) was likely made not shortly after this photo was taken...

Wim,
    I shall look and see if I have anything that gives an exact date. I suspect you are spot on with the date you have given above.
    This document from later the same year issued by the Munich SS, in announcing the availability and price of the new cap, is one I have found that specifically refers to the introduction of a "new" uniform (underline is in the original document).
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS clothing by Hugo Boss  

?

An interesting document thanks for sharing it.

Quote by Arran View Post
    Notice that the "new" SS tunic as posted by Wilhelm above has lower patch pockets as found on the SA tunic at this point. The decision to go with concealed angled slash and flap pockets (a wise one in my opinion) was likely made not shortly after this photo was taken...
    This is from about a year later:SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Thanks to you all for the fine work. A real joy to read and a pleasure to see so much effort combined here for the use of all. Many thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast