Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Coat Jacket

Article about: This one is for sale locally and I have no idea what im looking at here. It looks to be repro, but I'll let the pros weigh in

Default SS Coat Jacket

This one is for sale locally and I have no idea what im looking at here. It looks to be repro, but I'll let the pros weigh in

SS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat Jacket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Coat Jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Coat Jacket

Complete junk. Look around the other threads for contrast.

A poor Haloween costume. Who ever put this together knew nothing about 3rd Reich uniforms. A Heer breast eagle and a cap trapazoid on the sleeve. Invest in a few books and you will not have to ask about junk like this. All of the insignia is 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I figured, thanks for the input guys

SS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketSS Coat JacketThe black SS uniform appears thus:

?

FB I have a question. I see the black SS tunic with the brown shirt and black tie but I also see them with the white shirt. Was either allowed? Or did the regulations change for what shirt is to be worn under the tunic at sometime?

Thanks, Pat

The brown shirt was worn with most orders of dress, and the white shirt was worn with finer orders of dress ca. 1937 or so onwards. The chart with the details is on p. 42 of vol. III of Mollo.
    There were those who resisted any wear of the white shirt at all in the SS, but its wear was ordered by Hitler himself.
    As you are aware, as the regime consolidated itself in the years after 1933 as the total state, its uniforms became more extravagant.

SS Coat JacketI would add that the modern images I have included have varying shirts, as many have great difficulty finding original brown shirts. Stezelberger is the dealer who seems to specialize in original shirts. I own no original white shirt of the epoch, but many brown shirts as worn with the tunic.

?

Thanks FB for the invaluable information.

Cheers, Pat

SS Coat Jacket
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Thanks FB for the invaluable information.

Cheers, Pat
    You will be the guardian of all of this soon enough, so you have much to learn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast