Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss collar tab

Article about: Hi guys i am being offered a decent looking ss collar tab. I would like to learn more about the ranking system as well as what this tab represents. , 'this is not a field of collecting that

Default Ss collar tab

Hi guys i am being offered a decent looking ss collar tab. I would like to learn more about the ranking system as well as what this tab represents. , 'this is not a field of collecting that i am familiar with'. I am not getting a good feeling from the get go seeing the torn paper tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss collar tab   Ss collar tab  

Ss collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss collar tab
    P
    Many

Ok guys after doing some digging on the forum i see these tabs can be faked.
    I got some info from a post here.
    Not q00% on this but the paper tag is incorrect as well as the vein in the leaves . also acorns look just too small . a few other things but i will wait for someone else to chime in

Its trying to be a SS Brigadefuhrer collar tab i believe, but the material and quality, sizing seems off.
    These are worth a lot so if someone is offering it to you at a steal i would be hesitant of this person.
    Morris

CHUCK303......member REAL STEEL has a motto....When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down.

I now have three strikes against me for having been too quick on the mouse click without having done more research. I mistakenly added these two images to Rad Traditions Cap Insignia started by GWAR 03-02-2015. I am wrong 3X over, but I trust this helps in your research....Doug.

Ss collar tab.....Ss collar tab

?

The RZM tag is fake and the letter C is not correct for this tab. The shape of the leaves is very odd and not like seen original SS General Tabs. The embroidery of the oaks was poorly done.

Thanks guys for any info. I read up on a post here on the forum a guy had the same darn tab and was not happy lol. I will get with the seller and let him know. Thanks guys

the first thing that I look on these are the ''oaks'', It'll help very easily to dismiss the whole ''thing''.

Poor embroidery work + the shape of leaves is totally off too , please compare ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss collar tab  

Sloppy vs. tight embroidery ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss collar tab  

?

The best thing to do is compare against known originals. There are sticky threads that have addressed the Stickerei (see : Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs ) on this rank and above. FB has posted items that David Delich has graciously shared, you will find no better references than these.