MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Collar Tab

Article about: Hi guys! I have the chance to purchase this tab with the cardboard backing, from what I understand it is considered "more rare" than the buckram backing. What are your thoughts on

Default SS Collar Tab

Hi guys! I have the chance to purchase this tab with the cardboard backing, from what I understand it is considered "more rare" than the buckram backing. What are your thoughts on this? Tunic removed? And should I purchase this, or an unissued buckram mint tab? I'm still new so I would appreciate some thoughts. Thanks!!

SS Collar Tab
    SS Collar Tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab
    P
    Many

The proportions and construction look alright to me, but I don't dare even try to authenticate anything SS-related!

Regards, B.B.

Hey Colttin. Again it looks good to me. Again probably unissued and not tunic removed imo. As far as value? Anything SS and authentic will not depriciate, but yes I d agree the cardboard backed piece is a little bit of an oddity. However being maybe rarer doesn't always work in ones favor, in the future depending on the market people may want a more commonly seen piece that's easily "vetted" and accepted as a original, like the "cheesecloth" buckram style backing seen on your previously posted tab. I guess it comes down to preference and price. Best regards.

Brian

CBH
    ?

I agree with Brian, original but the cardboard backing is a late war manufacturing shortcut, due to the supply situation.
    I would think this backing might hurt the value, but only slightly. All original SS insignia is always in demand.
    And again this example isn't tunic removed.

Nice original SS collar tab with cardboard backing. The cardboard backing does not hurt the value and I do agree it is rarer than the white cheesecloth buckram. From a price standpoint, I see both variations of bevo tabs being worth the same amount of money but thats just my point of view. If it was me and both of these tabs were priced the same, I would snag up the cardboard backed tab.

CBH
    ?

Another observation, it looks like this tab has three holes punched through it.
    You can see it on the cardboard but it also shows through on the Runes side.
    This will effect the value, in my opinion.