Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?

Article about: Could one of our esteemed collectors who are well versed in Collar tabs post a link to a thread that would contain a good amount of reference material..as there are many pinned threads that

Could one of our esteemed collectors who are well versed in Collar tabs post a link to a thread that would contain a good amount of reference material..as there are many pinned threads that I would not have a clue where to start. This would be a great study tool for AfrikaKorps...and also to AfrikaKorps..I would encourage you to read and study through the many threads..as there are not enough words that most can express when comparing authentic to recent examples. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

I hope these photos will help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?   SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?   SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

Much better! I am going to go out on a limb, and say I like it. Not a variant I'm certain is period produced, but all the aspects one would look for in a original appear in your example, IMO. It is important you know this is only my opinion, though.
    If this thread does nothing else, it will show how important correct images are. The new pictures show something completely different than the first posted.

Where did you get this tab if you don't mind my asking?

I got this at a auction in Marshalltown Iowa.

I see. I would like to hear more opinions.

looks fine from here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar Tab Real or Fake?  

I don't see It as copy, for me It's Original.

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I do not think this is authentic bullion looks quite new and the material does not look right
    Looking 'too new' is not a valid basis for determining authenticity. Well stored items can still look minty fresh even after 70 years as we see every day in the threads of this forum.

What is it about the material that does not look right?

looks good to me, but taking pictures of these things it would be far better done in natural light without the flash.

the flash and indoor lighting tend to alter the appearance of colour and patina where it is presence and basically the "shine" of things and glare that it imparts creates artifacts one must attempt to see through when judging an item.

i should add that to my eye the material looks fine. the threads teased away on the back look great too. that's what i expect to see as they come away in cases where they have.

the light though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast