Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Collar Tab for review.

Article about: Hello I would like some opinions on this SS collar tab Thank you all in advance. Raymond

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    That is not a valid reason for determining authenticity. Each piece must be judged individually. Besides the piping issue, I would expect to see some tarnish to the brass pins and also verdigris due to a chemical reaction with the mucilage used on the buckram.
    I associate myself with the above. And with great pleasure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab for review.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Raymond270 View Post
    Hello I would like some opinions on this SS collar tab

Thank you all in advance.
    Raymond

I am not at ease with this example, based solely upon the photos, for the same reasons Bob has mentioned. I may be wrong in this instance, however, my experience is telling me otherwise. Carlson 1982 is very adept at authenticating insignia and I trust his assessment. These come up fairly often so you may wish to wait for another.

CMH

Thank you Bob. But the problem is I am not able to actually look at these items in hand. They are not that many shows around and due to the internet people are
    able to have access to a lot more items. In turn also I understand that it also has opened up a whole new venue for fakers and misrepresentation. I appreciate all
    the help and the photos posted by Friedrick-Berthold.

I look at a lot of photos and the books I have also and for opinions and kinda put it all together the best I can. I hear people talking about sometimes they think
    that maybe the fakers take a backing out of a Heer or whatever tab and putting it in a SS to make it look more real. So much to think and worry about makes
    decisions very hard.

Thank you Raymond

The stalwarts here, among whom our great Bob is in the lead, have offered real items in a manner that is without parallel.
    This digital panorama is no substitute for the full range of senses, i.e. real sight versus the prism of this screen, to say nothing of
    the imperative to hold something in your hand.

If you want to collect this stuff, and do well, then you cannot rely on these pictures alone.

We have this same problem over and over, and the burden falls on too few persons to grapple with it.

This is not an online catalog, or Alibaba, or whatever.

There are sound sources of solid SS insignia, and do not waste your money on an item that has too much doubt adhering to it.

I esteem colleague Carlsson very highly, but I am with Bob on this item.

In wartime, there existed much variation in insignia, but SS insignia has also been faked since the 1960s, if not before.

I say this because I have seen it in the march of the decades.

My friends have seen much more than have I.

I am continually floored by the endless websites with fake SS insignia made as such, and the fake insignia sold as real.

This site is a remedy to same, but it is incomplete without the vital, central human element.

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.Foetid woolens....

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.Some of here learned month by month, old ratty garment per old ratty garment, and had no bright flashing lights and dinging gongs to show the way ahead.

Based on the photos, I'm not feeling it all the way. Perhaps its just the the photos making the piping look thick. Personally, in all examples of SS Officer Tabs i have ever owned had a narrow piping. And I question the length. With other examples of SS-Sturmbannführer Tabs out there I would go for another piece.

FB you have to understand a lot of us were not there to go thru garments hand by hand, Not sure what you mean by a online catalog I merely asked for some opinions.
    Once again unfortunately for me photos is a big part of what I have to go on. I know most of the best shows are on the east coast so that puts me at a disadvantage.
    I do not just take a item and show it here and that is that. I already did the best I could do but nothing take the place of experience.
    I put a lot of research into most anything I buy before I but it no matter what it is. And thankfully the internet has allowed me to do so.
    If you feel burdened in any way by my questions they are not meant to do so. How does anyone learn without asking questions

Thank you

?

I think the best way is a wait for a proper one, with thiner type piping and correct NSDAP type pips
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.
    Quote by Raymond270 View Post
    FB you have to understand a lot of us were not there to go thru garments hand by hand, Not sure what you mean by a online catalog I merely asked for some opinions.
    Once again unfortunately for me photos is a big part of what I have to go on. I know most of the best shows are on the east coast so that puts me at a disadvantage.
    I do not just take a item and show it here and that is that. I already did the best I could do but nothing take the place of experience.
    I put a lot of research into most anything I buy before I but it no matter what it is. And thankfully the internet has allowed me to do so.
    If you feel burdened in any way by my questions they are not meant to do so. How does anyone learn without asking questions

Thank you
    Since you apparently live in California, USA, you actually have little excuse not to engage with the dealers and collectors there of whom there are many. There are many opportunities as concerns collectors, militaria faires, and dealers in that part of the US, in fact, and I am more than puzzled at the statement you make above. While I understand that California is geographically extensive, especially in length, there are many members in that part of the USA and even the US Southwest whom you can meet if you are serious. There are persons here who are residents of California who can also be of aid to you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast