MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Collar Tab for review.

Article about: Hello I would like some opinions on this SS collar tab Thank you all in advance. Raymond

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.and there are persons here across the face of the globe, who distinguish themselves by their intelligence, character, and generosity and I wish a Merry Christmas and or Happy Holidays to them all. I had the great pleasure to meet two of our European stalwarts this fall on the Danube, and it is an honor to work with such fine persons, whose contributions to this site distinguish it from other places.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab for review.
    P
    Many

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-19-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-19-2015 at 07:07 PM.

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8N1N6allxM

(PS in this case, I have no association or endorsement with this personage, but he is apparently a resident of the state of California)

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.or, this (right), from 1969, when I was blundering into all of this as a young person.

Quote by Raymond270 View Post
    FB you have to understand a lot of us were not there to go thru garments hand by hand, Not sure what you mean by a online catalog I merely asked for some opinions.
    Once again unfortunately for me photos is a big part of what I have to go on. I know most of the best shows are on the east coast so that puts me at a disadvantage.
    I do not just take a item and show it here and that is that. I already did the best I could do but nothing take the place of experience.
    I put a lot of research into most anything I buy before I but it no matter what it is. And thankfully the internet has allowed me to do so.
    If you feel burdened in any way by my questions they are not meant to do so. How does anyone learn without asking questions

Thank you
    I have to agree that one must ask teachers questions.....which is what we have here..but not at an elementary level.....some of the answers our professors give..may not sound exactly as the answer you may have been seeking....but yet the question was answered in ways through photos and reference. Friedrich has delivered some information and photos to compare to more so than any other website..that only replies in "Just words"

If no one before has encouraged you...there are such exhaustive in content threads within this forum on the SS cloth subject. Much can be gained in reading more so here than in any reference book. Those minds of those reference are here actually speaking with you. Education is a life long study....and I have to agree questions can be asked..but mainly the teachers can point to where there is access to the topic of study which you want to learn from.

Read and Study first ..ask questions if you are stumped..but dont ask a question without opening a book and not know whats inside..yet wanting the teacher to tell you whats written..............
    You learn nothing. I think much has been answered by all those who already contributed to this topic..and most of them seasoned in historical study.

Take your shoes off Raymond stay awhile ...put your feet up and read. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Bob Hritz attends the Pomona show and he is a kind collector who would speak with you. He has some nice items on offer and I would imagine he would even look over anything you would be considering taking home from the show. If getting around to one of the many shows in California is not logistically possible, the next step is to find some examples that have been vetted, perhaps from e-stand on WAF where items meet scrutiny once posted, and then using those to compare to other items in the future. You may not find exactly what you are looking for, although, the items you do find will be of genuine materials and in the appropriate state of preservation/degradation upon which you can base a comparison.

The items you have been posting have been a bit dodgy and I would suggest you abandon the current sources you are using. If you do own any fakes, all is not lost. Those can serve as references as well and give insight into how the people who are trying to take advantage of the novice SS collector got it wrong and are continuing to do so.

Best of luck to you.

CMH

Dr CMH is one of very finest members and a very successful collector of note who shares generously with others.

?

I too would pass on this tab; it doesn't "speak" to me at all. Fatter piping is more common on early officers' tabs...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast