Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Collar Tab for review.

Article about: Hello I would like some opinions on this SS collar tab Thank you all in advance. Raymond

We wish you a swift recovery from your operation and best of the season.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-20-2015 at 04:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tab for review.
    P
    Many

Everyone can have an opinion. The main point is what are the credentials of the individual giving the opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Everyone can have an opinion. The main point is what are the credentials of the individual giving the opinion.
    Well said by one with the finest credentials, constituted in part of simple length of service.

.....to say nothing of his expert management of the pandemonium here.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Let me also note that this site enjoys the mercy and grace of David Delich, who is the premiere collector of SS material in the whole wide world. He is as gracious and helpful as does his collection constitute the touch stone of all SS collections, period. He posts here via his interlocutors and shares his extraordinary things as is not found on other, and specifically, "the other" site. There is a reason for this fact, but the seeker will not find this level of knowledge and engagement anywhere else.

Delich Treasures

Jeff Clark is a fine authority and he has nearly without exception excellent material. Bob Coleman and he do collaborate.

That he had a bum SS brassard is immaterial. Lousy SS brassards appear on very good websites, as do dozens of wholly authentic ones.

Our site has hundreds of examples of authentic SS insignia in detail.

SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.
    Quote by Arran View Post
    I too would pass on this tab; it doesn't "speak" to me at all. Fatter piping is more common on early officers' tabs...
    viz: variations of the collar and also collar patch piping.

I do not own nor pay much attention to wartime grey uniforms and their insignia, other than peaked caps. SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.SS Collar Tab for review.

The best place to examine the variations of wartime insignia is the Beaver Bando picture book.

I own the French version of this book, which I bought in Berlin. It is very useful for nearly all the questions asked here.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Jeff Clark is a fine authority and he has nearly without exception excellent material. Bob Coleman and he do collaborate.

That he had a bum SS brassard is immaterial. Lousy SS brassards appear on very good websites, as do dozens of wholly authentic ones.

Our site has hundreds of examples of authentic SS insignia in detail.

This just demonstrates that there is no magic formula for obtaining genuine material, that is, no fast-track method to passing on the skills to another that are required to determine if a particular item is of period or more recent manufacture. Jeff Clark is a good source for original material and, though I have not seen the armband that Raymond wrote of, I highly doubt this was anything but an oversight on his part. I know little of the militaria trade, other than I fork over a ton of dough to the purveyors of such for unique things I am fortunate enough to stumble across, and I can easily imagine a few items slipping by due to the volume of material in which they deal with. As FB states, it is immaterial, however, it is a good reminder that one can not take too many lessons from dealer websites as errors can occur anywhere. I am grateful for the militaria dealers I have worked with as our dealings have enabled me to build my collection as it is one I enjoy daily.

Raymond, I am sorry to hear of your health and I wish you a rapid recovery. I suppose that is all I can offer you of any merit at this time. I hope the coming year will yield excellent health and good fortune in your collecting. For what it is worth, continue to post items you are interested in and I will offer my honest opinion.

Best,

CMH

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast