Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS collar tabs

Article about: compare with these known original.. Look at the shape of the runes, the space betweene each rune, etc

Default re: SS collar tabs

compare with these known original..
    Look at the shape of the runes, the space betweene each rune, etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tabs   SS collar tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tabs  

I have to agree with Tricot about the way multiple reproductions have used to create the "sticker" probably by modern colour laser printing onto old style paper stock, the type has gone soft, filled in in areas and not sharp as you would expect if this had been a letterpress version, The dies for the RZM and the runes would be crisp as they would be added to the platen separately when they made up the artwork, the second colour comes from a hand stamper or if many copies of the same were printed it would be run through a sheet fed machine and put down the second colour.
    It could however have a 'squishy', area where the type moved while being pressed but then all the type would be with the same soft edges.

If this was printed on a offset litho machine and remember as with many things the Germans created print machines that are still running today, the quality is just not there, the machine minders would have thrown these out

?

I will say the space between runes is allways different, due of the template was all the time hand applied, as many as I have seen numbered 1,2,3 SS collartabs, the runes was all the time is same, but the space is allways different
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Tricot View Post
    The sticker is doing two things, it give the impression of authenticity and value. And it also covering the buckram. The buckram backing is a big "tell" for fakes.

In this case the sticker looks like a copy of a copy. The manufacturer's number on this tag is 27. The longer number is the serial and the typeface looks wrong. And (I believe, correct me someone if I'm wrong) the serial number "font" is the same on all RZM tags regardless of manufacturer.

Of course the shape of the runes is the immediate indicator it is a repro/fake tab.
    Tricot, you are absolutely right about the serial numbers. The No. symbol before the serial numbers is found in several different styles though. But the numbers themselves are always the same style.
    All the best,
    David

ado
    ?

Default Re: SS collar tabs

No i did not buy them i learned to ask before buying so thanks to everyone again who reply's and give advise why they are fake and what to look for, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2