Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS collar tabs for authentication please

Article about: I have been offered these as a vet bring back. Price way too low, and pics from a cell phone. Is there any hope?

?

Default SS collar tabs for authentication please

I have been offered these as a vet bring back. Price way too low, and pics from a cell phone. Is there any hope?SS collar tabs for authentication pleaseSS collar tabs for authentication please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs for authentication please
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS collar tabs for authentication please

Bigger pictures are needed. If the price is low and that´s all pics you will get ,then I should pass on that one. Or demand bigger pictures before any deal.
    But that´s me...

?

Thanks Mike. I have asked for clear close-ups in daylight. I live in hope!

?

Even from that pictures the tabs is wrong, I did not like the shape of the embroidery
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I would refer you to an older thread that I had posted a few months ago on here. I photographed detailed pictures of vet bring back SS Tabs just like they type you are looking at. I can say this much, they do not look like the ones I had photographed. I will also tell you the material that the Tabs were made of was a velvet like material that I do not see on many repros.

Regards

Jeff

definitely need bigger pictures, i am not the most educated on collar tabs but i feel i know enough. lookin at them i think the piping around the collar tabs are a little bit too thick than what i have seen original examples. this is based on pic showing the back of the tabs. i cant be 100% but heres hopin for bigger pics

?

I have a single on the way - not too much to lose if they are juk (which I have a sneaky feeling they will be). There is way too much junk out there! I will post clear close-ups in daylight when I get it.

?

SS collar tabs for authentication pleaseSS collar tabs for authentication pleaseSS collar tabs for authentication pleaseSS collar tabs for authentication please
    I finally got one to look at. Here are some daylight pics. It looks like a felt type material and the thread looks like aluminum wire. The pics don't show slight oxidation on some of the wire. The board inside is stiff.

Hi Al, sorry it is bad. Material, backing, shape to the runes, etc.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Well it was worth a punt for $8 shipped. You live and learn! I will try to get any future SS stuff from my Austrian connection in future - the original owners are still living and it is less likely to be fake. I will keep you posted on progress in that direction.