Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ?

Article about: Fake or not fake That is the question. Please help.

Default Re: SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ?

or here....mit den feschen Maedels...
    Attached Images Attached Images SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ?
    P
    Many

The women above are thinking about the glue and buckram of collar patches, I am sure....

and this man is reflecting on his cap stitching and what sentinent souls will say about same seven decades hence....

You can see from this image why the peak separates from the rest of the cap after seven decades.....
    Attached Images Attached Images SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ? 

Who knows if this is not the self same cap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ?  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The women above are thinking about the glue and buckram of collar patches, I am sure....

and this man is reflecting on his cap stitching and what sentinent souls will say about same seven decades hence....

You can see from this image why the peak separates from the rest of the cap after seven decades.....
    Wonderful! I love it!

Cheers, Ade.

The subtle truths in this matter are contained herein.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tabs nr.3 good or bad ?  

Here is reality of the thing....

Who knows how much the man netted for the Winterhilfswerk.

BenVK is the man of the hour in a case like this.

The RFSS tag is akimbo, too, of all things.

how sad that the man who wielded this wonderful Hutmacheruntensil has gone to Muetzenmacherhimmel and we must honor his memory with our devotions to old threads, his stitches and faded fiber peaks.

I was just in the Adalbert Breiter locale near the Domplatz in Muenchen last Saturday. They told me that they still have a studio for bespoke headwear for women, but no longer for men. I did not pursue the issue of corporate memory of headwear in the 12 year long thousand year Reich, since it seemed out of place last Saturday. Instead, I spent money on Bavarian folklore clothes and, thereby, proved to the locals that I was a human being because my credit card still worked. The nice Munich woman said my complexion was too pasty, so I should not wear a grey Folklore Janker, in fact. She sold me the more expensive model, in turn. The residents of Munich have great taste, surely.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

You do have a way with words It is amusing when you put things in perspective with regards to our need to accumulate these relics from decades ago. Items that meant no more to them than an old pair of shoes you might occasionally wear today

Quote by Aldo View Post
    You do have a way with words It is amusing when you put things in perspective with regards to our need to accumulate these relics from decades ago. Items that meant no more to them than an old pair of shoes you might occasionally wear today
    If the people in these images are still alive today, which they are likely not, then they would think us quite odd. Or their memories would not be of collar patches or cap stitches, but of the things that moved young people at the time. I write this because I am of an age where I actually sometimes asked these people about details of uniforms almost forty years ago, out of left field questions which struck them as completely odd and besides the point. The issue for them was life or death as much as anything, and, because of the suffering of the war and its aftermath, there was no interest in symbols and regalia whatsoever. Or, if one really tried to talk about the regime, it was also impossible without a great deal of deconstruction of studied responses.

They thought this stuff was total junk, and were much happier with the consumer wares of the Federal Republic of the era, a late model Volkswagen Beetle, a colored television and a refrigerator, and some nice book shelves filled with literature of the moment.

In my guest family, the man who had been in the SS treasured solely a nice silk tie he had bought once around 1938 in a shop in the Hotel Adlon (now rebuilt...) but which in 1974 was obliterated and its real estate stood in the death zone in front of the Berlin Wall. He had been employed in the RFSS by Alfred Six, who was a very bad man, to be sure, so my queries about the past were highly unwelcome. His uniform had been thrown away a long time ago, quite in contrast to the idea of such a thing being preserved as a family shrine as some dealers and collectors would assert.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast