Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Collar Tabs, opinions

Article about: Good day, gentlemen! Today I bring to your attention a couple of SS collar tabs. The first one, bearing the SS runes, also has a RZM tag on the back. The second one is blank, a little bigger

The documents refer to locally made SS insignia, which the RZM tried to stamp out. Such locally made insignia would, of course, have no RZM tag.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tabs, opinions
    P
    Many

Here you can see one..
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Collar Tabs, opinions 

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Here you can see one..
    Great photo sid,thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    CTN I too like and dislike things about the first tab,I like the base material which on my screen looks like moleskin i like the paper tag.
    The fact the runes embroidered through the tab and are visable at the back can be found on some example.
    I don't like the second tab.
    Here is one i own with embroidered runes visable on the reverse,and early runes which are not concidered textbook.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    This is the example I was thinking of when making the comparison, well done and thank you.

--I'd also like to thank the OP for his detailed explanation on his photographing process.

CTN
    ?

OK, from what I understand so far, nobody likes the second tab but, regarding the first one, several people brought arguments towards its authenticity. So, I'd like to ask the people who believe this is genuine, what do you think this tab is worth?

I think you will find that while members are happy to appraise an item's authenticity, value or worth is something else. What the "market dictates" is the norm and collectors pay what they want to.

To quote out of context a well known idiom ......."Ask and ( if the person is keen enough ) ye shall receive"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think you will find that while members are happy to appraise an item's authenticity, value or worth is something else. What the "market dictates" is the norm and collectors pay what they want to.

To quote out of context a well known idiom ......."Ask and ( if the person is keen enough ) ye shall receive"
    Well said. Bravo.

CTN
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post

I'm not acquainted with the international market so that's why I was asking. But this is a first lesson.

You can start with the high priced, well traveled sites that do have real SS insignia, and work your way downward from there.

I do not collect loose SS insignia of this type.

I will leave to others those sources they esteem. I have mine, but others take umbrage at them, so I refrain from offering such a list.

Finally, I honestly do not know the reality of prices. I know what I pay, which is far too much, and I read that others are always finding bargains,
    which I disbelieve.

If you offer this for sale, I am sure you will find an eager buyer.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-20-2014 at 12:14 AM.

they reminded me of these i use to have they were given from people so i parted with them . any way i all ways thought they were ok
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar Tabs, opinions   SS Collar Tabs, opinions  

SS Collar Tabs, opinions  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast