Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS collar tabs for review

Article about: Where is it today?

Thank you once more Mr. Berthold for the additional images. The closeup of the cord used on the original shoulder board shows well the difference in material construction from that of the one used on my shoulder board. It was most helpful and appreciated visual information. You are absolutely correct in your statement of newer collectors and old copies a dangerous mix I think. But with time, information, self study, and the help from you and other like minded individuals; Understanding can be achieved through hard work and determination (I hope)? Again my thanks to you and all who have contributed to my learning experience. Best regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs for review
    P
    Many

Thanks for the kind words and good luck. My comments embody by no means a damnation of younger collectors. Merely, the sad fact is that the fakes have long existed, and were already of ancient lineage
    in the 1960s. That is, the Nazis themselves railed against copies of Nazi insignia even prior to 1933, and thereafter. It was one of the reasons for the controls of the RZM, after all.
    With some circumspection and money (?!), you can find good SS collar insignia in the locales where these things are had.
    The expectation to secure these as a bargain, and in storied, magic and legendary places is somewhat naive, though.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewI enclosed these elsewhere, but they bear re examination, as these are all real.

- - ------- - -

This a famous, old collection that has been dispersed.

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for review Here are two additional images of the runic tab that began this thread. I hope they further illustrate the bad points previously mentioned. Again many thanks to all who contributed.

Fake
    Runes and piping are horrible reproduction attempts. One again, piping looks like me when I was trying to do a 2 braid with yarn when I was young.

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3