Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Collar Tabs - Various

Article about: Hi Guys, I have been looking to buy a couple of collar tabs but am a bit worried that there are too many fakes out there to decide on whether to make a purchase. To help with my research and

Default SS Collar Tabs - Various

Hi Guys,

I have been looking to buy a couple of collar tabs but am a bit worried that there are too many fakes out there to decide on whether to make a purchase.

To help with my research and understanding I have enclosed a few tabs I have found though these may be reproductions. Looking at the Hauptsturmfuehrer the 2 x stripes look a bit odd, as do the pin retainers at the back view?

Also the backing on the first set of runes shows the cloth folded in an angular shape though I have noticed most seem to have the cloth neatly folded equally and a line of stitching around the edges.

Can anyone please let me know if any of these are original as I am only possibly sure that the second set of runes with the cardboard backing, and the Unterscharfuehrer may be ok though I understand that the RZM tags have been readily faked and the pip device could have been added afterwards.

Apologies in advance if I have offended anyone as I realise many on the forum have their own militaria businesses, and I am still learning about these tabs. No ill feeling intended.

Many thanks,

Toffster
    SS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - VariousSS Collar Tabs - Various

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar Tabs - Various
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Collar Tabs - Various

They all seem correct to me. The first one from ss steel website is a very normal Dachua type and the Thrid tab is the same style. The last tab from toms site I like as well. For the other tab, I will not comment on but I will say I would purchase it.

They look good to me too, I had a nosey at them before on that site

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

All correct

?

Agreed, 100%.

Nice originals

?

They looks fine original SS collar tabs
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Guys,

Fantastic! I am pretty pleased to see as I had started to lose some enthusiasm regarding collar tabs.

I have definately learnt some good points here, and thank all for their time looking at them.

As before I didn't want to seem ingracious to anyone that may have owned the sites/stores these came from. As I am still learning a hell of a lot about Third Reich militaria, even though when I first started as a young boy I made some good choices without any research whatsoever, with only a couple of misadventures in purchasing!

In future I will next try to make my own decision on whether or not a tab is original as I do not wish to simply 'sit idly by' and let others on the forum do my homework for me. I am enjoying the education by the more experienced here, and I appreciate the feedback and opinions by you all.

Much appreciated.

All the best.

Dave

As said these tabs all look fine examples,i will add that no matter how much experience any of us have in this "collecting" field it is always good to post any potential purchases before handing over the "hard earned"if possible, even if it is only for peice of mind! Better to be 100% happy with what we add to our collections than have to fight to get the money back if something turns out to be a duffer later. Good hunting my friend, Leon

Hi Leon,

Many thanks mate, and cheers for the sound advice.

All the best to you and your collecting as well.

Best regards,

Dave