Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss cross, real or fake?

Article about: I was offered this cross for sale, It is in rough condition however the price still seems pretty cheap. Is this a fake that somebody went above and beyond to make look old?

will do, like I said, I should of looked before posting, my apologies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cross,  real or fake?
    P
    Many

No problem! It's one of the reason's we're here!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

its overwhelming all the different badges, medals, pins ect....I have been trying my best to learn as fast as I can, picked up a few books awhile back, to try learn what should be. It hard enough then people for whatever reason make these "fantasy badges". aggravating

You may want to focus on one separate organization at a time, such as the Wehrmacht Awards, Luftwaffe awards, the awards of the Hitler Youth, Kriegsmarine Badges, NSDAP Insignia, Armbands, SS Insignia, etc.etc...The research itself is rewarding and an enjoyable part of the collecting hobby...Good luck!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by thanson View Post
    I have bought and spent a lot of money on fakes and even a few fanstasy pieces that were passed off as real before I discovered this site....
    Welcome to the Forum. I would suggest that the best thing for you to do is buy some reference books in an area you want to collect. You will familiarize yourself with what genuine articles look like. Use our search engine to study genuine items. You will find many serious collectors here willing to help you. Collecting 3rd Reich items has always been a mine field but these days it is dangerous. Learn, question and apply your knowledge and some day, you will be helping a new collector. Patience is important. Learn who to trust and who to avoid. As suggested, pick an area to collect and study, study, study. We are glad to have you here. The badge you posted is a total joke!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

One major thing to keep in mind-if you see something that you would like to purchase,post the best photos that you can of it on the Forum here and have it looked at by the experts in the various fields of the hobby Before you purchase it. If it's bad, they'll let you know-and visa versa! It sure beats saying "I bought this for good money and no refund policy-is it any good?" Some fakes are getting Very Good, so it absolutely pays to check before you send money!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Take the time and study the awards that actually existed...
    cheers, Glenn
    The best advice you can possibly receive. Well said Glenn. There is no substitute for research and study - those willing to put the hours in will duly be rewarded.

When I first began collecting Militaria (long before the Internet) I would practically devour any book on WWII and Nazi Germany I could find...
    The Internet is a Godsend for historians and collectors, and research is so much easier nowadays...Not to mention this great Forum, which is a valuable resource itself...
    cheers, Glenn

another Polish fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2