Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Cross Strap -I need your advice

Article about: Hi guys, I'm looking for an original SS cros strap to use on my black mantel. I would prefer to find one merked SS but just to know...........where used also these marked RZM and not SS by t

Default SS Cross Strap -I need your advice

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for an original SS cros strap to use on my black mantel.
    I would prefer to find one merked SS but just to know...........where used also these marked RZM and not SS by the SS?
    Can be good this one for my black mantel?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cross Strap -I need your advice   SS Cross Strap -I need your advice  

SS Cross Strap -I need your advice   SS Cross Strap -I need your advice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cross Strap -I need your advice
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Cross Strap -I need your advice

There are SS marked ones, in particular, versus yours which may or may not have been thus used.

I will find you some images when I have time.

You also want to compare the length, as the shorter ones with this kind of fittings you illustrate can also be HJ/DJ, which is surely not a sin, but perhaps not as pleasing as the real thing.

As always, thanks Friedrich.Your words removed all my doubt.I will wait and take my time for find a real and unquestionable SS cross strap.

Regards
    Francesco

Shea has had them, as has Herman, actually. I have several, truth be told, but none is for sale other than the total and complete sale of my whole collection.
    They turn up with the leading dealers, and are not as rare as somethings, but they fake stamps are proliferating.
    They can also be marked "VA" as germane to your overcoat.

Happy collecting.

If I can figure out how to use my wife's good camera, I will make some images.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Shea has had them, as has Herman, actually. I have several, truth be told, but none is for sale other than the total and complete sale of my whole collection.
    They turn up with the leading dealers, and are not as rare as somethings, but they fake stamps are proliferating.
    They can also be marked "VA" as germane to your overcoat.

Happy collecting.
    Hi Frederich,who's Herman? ..................... Hermann-Historica?
    I woild love to see some images of your straps.Of course if you figure out how to use your wife's good camera.

Regards
    Francesco

Bruce Herman, Grenadier militaria in southern California. We discuss his wares here quite often.
    I am in the midst of various projects and my photography is pretty lousy, especially of leather stamps, which are hard to picture.

I shall see what I can conjure. The files we have here of RZM tags and marks on equipment will also be useful for you, in turn.

?

I agree with F-B, it is not a sin to use one that is not SS marked. They do come up from time to time and are surprisingly costly once found, but for the purist they are available. A few photos for you, Francesco.

SS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your advice

Cheers,

CMH

?

There exist, of course, different variations on this theme. Some of these Schulterriemen have pebbled buckles whilst others are smooth. Some collectors view one as more of a rarity but I believe they are all rare, or artificially so, being tied up in collections as they are. I possess both variants and own a very small collection, as seen in my posts.

As a footnote, F-B had pointed out in the past that the markings on this piece violate the regulation of party items and company trademarks- 155 being the VA SS contract number for Assmann. The two should not appear together, per regulation, but they do, clearly.

Regards,

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 12-09-2011 at 06:07 PM.

SS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceSS Cross Strap -I need your adviceThanks. Yours was the one that Herman had, I think. The RZM prohibited maker's logos ca 1935, and this at Hitler's direction. However, this directive was a rule that was not always applied. You can see same in the advertising, where the RZM license was included with the normal logos and hoo haa just the same. Dr CHM's Schulterriemen is a nice one. You have to make sure that the leather stamping is authentic, which requires some Fingerspitzengefuehl.
    Happy straps and foetid thingies.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast