Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS cuff title Das Reich

Article about: Hello guys, first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am not exactly a collector as I only pick up, time to time, some insignias, but Iam interested in the history of the WWII, especi

Nice trophy if it's real!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cuff title Das Reich
    P
    Many

?

IMO a good thick embroidery Das Reich cuff title !
    Nick

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Nice trophy if it's real!
    ??? It is real. Why post if you do not know?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum! That's a desirable Cuff Title, well done...My Mother's former employer -Ludwig Steffan- in Germany was a Veteran of the Das Reich Division, having fought on the Eastern Front where he received multiple wounds- the loss of several fingers, a shot-up knee, and small bits of shrapnel in his head that couldn't be removed because they wandered with the fluids in his skull...He spent 10 years in a Soviet POW Camp and didn't come home until 1955...He was Tough as Nails!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    ??? It is real. Why post if you do not know?

I was saying it is a very nice (and rare) war trophy, if it was real. F-B had just posted about variations, saying it really depended on provenance. Never know which way these things are going to swing... I looked at it and F-B's pics, and it looked good to me, so I was extending the OP a congratulations if indeed the definitive answer was that it was good.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I was saying it is a very nice (and rare) war trophy, if it was real. F-B had just posted about variations, saying it really depended on provenance. Never know which way these things are going to swing... I looked at it and F-B's pics, and it looked good to me, so I was extending the OP a congratulations if indeed the definitive answer was that it was good.
    My posts were from David Delich. I do not know much about Waffen SS cuff titles, at all. David Delich and Bob Coleman, among others, do, indeed, know.

Hello my friends,

hope you are all doing well.

It has been a while since I connected but as many of you I was a little bit busy these past weeks.
    Thank you for the comments about the DR cuff band.

I tried to pick up further pieces of information about the Das Reich division. It was easy as many things are available on the web. But there is a mystery I would like to resolve : I remembered that my uncle Georges (1925 - 2008), a former FFI, told me he fought against members of the DR not far from Nimes (a town located near Montpellier South-East of France where he used to live). I was surprised because I had always thought the DR was only deployed in the South-West part of France (Montauban - Toulouse - Bordeaux) before going to Normandy in june 1944. Unfortunately I could not find anything about that. Do someone know when the DR was in this area ? I believe it was not after May 1944.

Thanks for helping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2