Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Cufftitles

Article about: Any thoughts on these?

Default Re: SS Cufftitles

Allen meinen sehr geschaetzten Lesern in Skandinavien wuensche ich alles Gute fuer das kommenden Jahr sowie eine guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2010, mit der Hoffnung auf viele ECHTE handbestickte Aermelstreifen, RZM Etiketten, sowie NS Relikten in Huelle und Fuelle.

Viel Sammlerglueck!

Nicht zuletzt, mag ich den Gedanken ausdruecken, dass unsere Webseite hier weiter gedeiht und floriert, nicht zuletzt durch die schoene Mitarbeit von Jhnen, die diese Zeilen lesen!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cufftitles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cufftitles
    P
    Many

Vergesst doch nicht den SS Metallabzeichen?

They sure know how to celebrate the new year in japan
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles 

Old news to some, maybe new for others
    Originally a small black and white label was affixed to Allgemeine SS cuffbands, by the later 1930's a paper label was attached which was printed in black ink on white. It was not uncommon for one label to be woven and the other a paper version. By 1939 the silk woven label was discontinued in favour of the paper label, probably due to cost.

Having a label attached has no bearing on the originality on the said cuffband infact by 1942/43 many bands would NOT have a control label on them, as the Waffen SS became de-controlled by the RZM at that time

Information for the paper label would go something like this

Letter B for instance would be the complexity of the work involved
    a written "22" (after the printed letter and number smaller i.e. A4) would be the code number given to a manufacturer
    Small "D" Sequence letter

followed by Number ******** would be the sequence number of the manufactured cuffband

A 4 is the 4th section of the "Ausruestung" portion of the RZM system. There were other sections for "D" =Dienstkleidung, and, of course "M" for things made of metal in their number.

A1 and A2 were for head wear industrial concerns and head wear trade and crafts concerns.

"L" being for leather goods.

"B" being Baumwolle, i.e. cotton.

The Bender publication had a break down of the whole table or organization of said entity ca. 1937 or 1938.

Same is manifest in the Herstellungsvorschriften and also 100 times more so in Uniformenmarkt.

The over organization of the uniform, regalia, Effekten, and Orden trade will make you libertarians have an aneurism (sp) that I can tell you. It was anything other than a free market.

now that wer're talkingabout cufftitles, I have this very important message, these cuff's, skull and albums have been stolen from Ernst Barkmann. If someone find something for sale, can be pic's of himself or that skull (rzm 499/41 CupAl), please let me know.
    I've a contact in a german forum that knows Ernst.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cufftitles   SS Cufftitles  

Mr Kimmel does not seem to have thought much of our offerings, but here are some images from the Shea site with relevant aspects for anyone new to this material.

In this first instance, here are the two different RZM tags, with the respective code letters for the Betriebskosten. A4 was the section for these insignia; the code number of the manufacturer follows, as well as a serial number for the piece of insignia itself.

Secondly, here is a clear image of the fine quality of embroidery typical of these objects, made by Kunststickerei firms, i.e. Fahnen Fleck in Hamburg among many.

This is from a Bohemian or Generalgouvernement Sanitaetsabteilung der Allgemeinen SS.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles  SS Cufftitles 

The entire cuff title. This piece had a lot of embroidery and was thus costly. The Sanitaetsabteilung was the medical section attached to the SS Abschnitt, in this case the one in Litzmannstadt in the Warthegau.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr Kimmel does not seem to have thought much of our offerings, but here are some images from the Shea site with relevant aspects for anyone new to this material.
    On the contrary, it has greatly added much to my knowledge of cufftitles as I had little before. I truly appreciate all of the reactions and opinions as this is what true collecting is all about. Thank you.

Let the learning continue!

Prosit, Neujahr. We aim to serve.

Herewith some further items: the advert for the so called Wuerker machine (Jacquardprinzip) on which machine embroidered cuff titles were so embroidered and adverts from two firms, complete with their RZM A4 licenses.... Notice these firms are both in a town in Saxony, likely operated by brothers who had fallen out.

do note: found no where else, and not offered, either, by various gun show loud mouths and savants in their number.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles  SS Cufftitles 

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast