Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Cufftitles

Article about: Any thoughts on these?

Default Re: SS Cufftitles

Dear Mr Kimmel, we are glad to see you here again and your informed points about the German chemical and textile industry are entirely germane. I myself have never been a great adherent of the black light as Rosetta stone approach to all of this. The Bender magazine had an article in the '90s on this score that was revealing and informative.

From my Fundus of articles in Uniformen Markt, I shall post some relevant items as concern the very things you mention. Germany led the 2d industrial revolution with the dye and chemical industry, culminating in I.G. Farben.
    This history is quite compelling in its own right. A major goal of Nazi policy was the reform of the textile industry to rely less on imports, which required hard currency, which was in short supply. The chemical industry in union with the textile industry continued trends of the 1916-1918 period after 1936 for replacement materials, especially in the textile sector.

I hope our illustrations of authentic cuff titles are of use to you.

Fingerspitzengefuehl is always a leading criterion for me, as well as those of the other senses.

Why do you think I chose the motto of "foetid woolens" to inscribe on our banner here?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cufftitles
    P
    Many

?

I would think Mr. Kimmel's observations would be a good subject for a separate thread; very interesting.

In the meanwhile, for those looking to build a file of SS CT's, I attach the following officer version of the SS-Totenkopfstandarte III Thuringen, as sewn aparently, with a later-repaired rip to the lower left:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cufftitles  

?

Being of a frail nature, and despite a frown from colleagues, I purchased this from PW some time back as a possible replacement to the damaged one on the Hauptsturmfuhrer outfit, which I was fortunate to purchase originally at a fire-sale price:

?

Better detail on the (unissued) replacement:

?

And the reverse:

The cloth strip affixed to the reverse of the embroidery in post #45 seems to have been stitched unto the cuffband. My question is, were these cloth strips also glued onto the reverses in some of the issues as well as there appears to be a smaller cloth strip the may be glued under the longer horizontal one? You can see the top and bottom of the underlying strip.

?

I cannot reply intelligently to this; I am sure that F-B, Carlsson or others on his thread can shed some light.

I have some loose SS bestickt cuff titles, and I will look in a while, when I am not doing my job. The majority of my cuff titles are doing their job being still sewn to a cuff, where I never remove such items. Nor do I tamper with "prongs," unless I am in a state of profound insanity.

Mr. Kimmel, the objects you own only faintly resemble real pieces, so you cannot generalize about real ones from what lies before you.

The fabric on the rear is to cover the hand embroidery.

My UM journal has much information on all of this, in fact.

Servus

PS I looked, As near as I can tell, the covering of rayon or silk like fabric is glued and stitched. No question too picayune and no chance to get paid too sublime with knowledge that enables others to make a buck.

Whoopee.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles 

SS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS CufftitlesSS Cufftitlesa thread that led no where.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-22-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Default Mr Berthold - Your Warthe XXXXIII cuff band

Mr Berthold,

Following you post of a Warthe band.

I couple a couple more.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast