MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?

Article about: Maybe we would learn more from her about collar patches?

Default Re: SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?

Maybe we would learn more from her about collar patches?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?  SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?
    P
    Many

or from them, maybe?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?  

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is another.Attachment 155415 The Strichtrikot sort of leaps out at you, doesn't it? Tears come to my eyes at the sight of such a thing, I must tell you. My twelve step program to overcome foetid woolens has failed again and again, just like poor Linsday Lohan and her substance abuse.
    I must confess that I too have become taken in by this old black wool. My displayed treasures always seem to stop me in my tracks as I admire the attention to detail and simultaneously shudder to think of the ideals of Himmler's associated therewith. It started innocently enough with a cap and has just progressed. F-B's tunics always bring a tear to my eye, thank you again for the images.

CMH

Here is some more....SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?

I no longer have a camera, but I suppose these bear re telling.
    But as I say, my twelve step program is a failure. I have not found much new stuff for two years, though, and the stock crash has essentially stopped me from collecting. At least I keep the uv rays from the things, and the dust and moths, too.

PS Our policeman of the post has vanished, hasn't he? The person who asked about the piping on the collar patches, too, I guess. Wie typisch.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes, looks like the Robin has flown away again.
    Well said, dear colleague. I guess he can worry about his "crimped prongs" elsewhere.

I have no idea whether these prongs are crimped, either, actually.SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    affirmative Lohengrin. the trouble with all these forums is that they are awash with people who are not schooled in the old gumshoe techniques. How did we cope without the Internet and the mobile phone !
    Esteemed colleague, thank you for your always wise intervention. Thanks to all of you here for such a congenial and pleasant place, and thanks for the kind aid in keeping Adrian and his comrades' site a sanitary and clear flowing stream without the digital effluvia that pollutes some many other places. I celebrate with you the old gumshoe techniques. Only patience and much time and effort can open the secrets left to us by these foetid woolens!SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?SS Deutschland collar tabs, real or fake?

?

Bravo! I enjoy the 58th and 85th Standarte tunics displayed this way. The mirror image of the insignia, trivial as it may seem to some I am sure, I find... "neat" . Of course, that beautiful table of yours that appears in many of your photos is an excellent backdrop for your treasures.

I am curious, is the Achselstücke on the tunic of the member of the 85th Standarte sewn to to tunic or is it the type that slips in?

Either way, a beautiful example.

Regards,

CMH

?

As a follow-up question...I know you enjoy your books and I had hoped that you would be the new owner of the RZM Handbuch Robert had for sale. Is it so?

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Bravo! I enjoy the 58th and 85th Standarte tunics displayed this way. The mirror image of the insignia, trivial as it may seem to some I am sure, I find... "neat" . Of course, that beautiful table of yours that appears in many of your photos is an excellent backdrop for your treasures.

I am curious, is the Achselstücke on the tunic of the member of the 85th Standarte sewn to to tunic or is it the type that slips in?

Either way, a beautiful example.

Regards,

CMH
    All the shoulder insignia are sewn in the top of the sleeve as is normal. Thanks for the kind words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2