Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Dienstauszeichnung (8-year) - Second opinions, please!

Article about: Hey, guys! I have been offered an SS 8-year service medal (type II) in excellent condition, and after examining it, I'm fairly certain of its authenticity. I thought I'd post it here so that

Well, the medal arrived today, and it is beautiful! I'm always amazed at how breathtaking these pieces look in person. When you see them in closeup photos, you tend to fixate on extremely minute characteristics, and it's hard to get a feel for how incredibly detailed they look when viewed with the naked eye. Here are some photos of the medal itself:

A closeup view of the suspension ring and eyelet:

Here's the medal with the watered silk ribbon attached:

And finally, here it is in its new home:

I am very happy to finally have a type 2 medal. It has always been my opinion that these are the prettiest 8-year medals. It took a bit of patience, but I'm glad that I waited for a nice minty example to come along. The pictures really don't do it justice! Anyway, I just wanted to share this happy moment with my fellow collectors here! As always, I appreciate your opinions and I wish you the best of luck with your collections!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstauszeichnung (8-year) - Second opinions, please!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi dave
    Congrats on the nice purchase.
    I agree that they are certainly beautiful objects and a prized feature in any collection.
    I have one 4yr and one 8year medal. I have not had it authenticated but hope that it similar to that shown in post no.9.
    I would appreciate if you could cast an eye over it and express an opinion.SS-Dienstauszeichnung (8-year) - Second opinions, please!
    regards. paul

Paul, the backside of your medal looks fine to me. If you'll post a picture of the front I can give it a more complete evaluation.

Fantastic medal and super graphics Dave. Very impressive and educational. Exactly what this forum is about.

SS-Dienstauszeichnung (8-year) - Second opinions, please!Thanks for your advice Dave. Much appreciated.
    I m having some technical problems with my computer these days,. but hope this photo is sufficient for an evaluation
    Regards, paul

Hey there, Paul. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I have been quite busy writing my doctoral dissertation... Your medal (front and back) looks just fine to me. It's a lovely type 2, with all the characteristics on my checklist. The lettering (with its unique inconsistencies), the material, the finish, the stippling, the quality of the thorned wreath, the crispness of the edges, the eyelet ridge and suspension ring shape, the tips of the swastika touching the edge of the medal -- they're all right on the money! Rest assured that you have an original piece of SS history!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2