Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Article about: Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

Default Re: SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Bob,that's extremely nice mate. I know what nightmare posting large groups of docs & awards can be,let alone all the other stuff you have in this group. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?
    P
    Many

Sorry to all for diverting this thread away from the original subject matter. Let's get back to discussing ID discs.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I think that this thread has been extremely interesting, and some good debates going on all civil too

I have some other tags i will try and put on, just to keep this very informative thread going

Hello Bob,

Very impressive grouping that you mentioned you have from Alfred Arnold, and yes it would be very educational to see it all, but I do appreciate the difficulty you would encounter in posting so many items.

I wonder, however, if it would be at all possible for you to post one of the items you mentioned, the family guest book? It would be of great historical interest to be able witness such an important and valuable document. I do apologize in advance if this is imposing too much upon your goodwill.

Cheers,

Grant

PHILBROWN
    ?

one i hoped was real, but am told its bad, ive shown it before, but im a newbie here now, so im showing it again, my question is ,is this a known fake font, or has a similar tag been found and documented on to compare, im not grasping straws, if its bad its bad, {no pun to mick jackson}
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?   SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  

SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  

PHILBROWN
    ?

sorry threw the deffo fake pz in by accident, that was binned

Hi Bob,if & when you get a chance i'd really like to see the awards & relevant paperwork to your group. It sounds amazing,i like the completeness of groups like yours & some i have. Although,alas mine are not to high ranked officers. Stewy S

Bob
    I second stewy's request. I would love to see some true history

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Sorry to all for diverting this thread away from the original subject matter. Let's get back to discussing ID discs.
    NOT YET!!

That Dienstausweiss of Herr Arnold's is the freshest i've ever seen!!No offence Bob, but the ink still looks wet to me! Furthermore, there isn't a single hint of a crease, stain, foxing, rubbing or ANY wear and tear OF THE SLIGHTEST DEGREE on a document that would have to have been carried everyday BY LAW!!

Look at the slightest sign of 'ears' on the top left and right of the card, these are common on BRAND NEW guillotined sheaves of card and paper, but are quickly lost in day to day usage. Please forgive my impertinence, but if any other member here, or for that matter anywhere else, can produce an example as 'minty' as this one, with 100% provenance, then i'll bow to your superior knowledge sir.

Can anyone show ANY contemporary document of ANY kind, that is as fresh as this one.That gives you a lot of leeway gent's.... I'm sorry, but to me, it's blatantly fake.

I take no pleasure from this, but it is my sincere opinion, and you know what they say, opinions are like a********, everyone's got one, so feel free to tell me!!

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    NOT YET!!

That Dienstausweiss of Herr Arnold's is the freshest i've ever seen!!No offence Bob, but the ink still looks wet to me! Furthermore, there isn't a single hint of a crease, stain, foxing, rubbing or ANY wear and tear OF THE SLIGHTEST DEGREE on a document that would have to have been carried everyday BY LAW!!

Look at the slightest sign of 'ears' on the top left and right of the card, these are common on BRAND NEW guillotined sheaves of card and paper, but are quickly lost in day to day usage. Please forgive my impertinence, but if any other member here, or for that matter anywhere else, can produce an example as 'minty' as this one, with 100% provenance, then i'll bow to your superior knowledge sir.

Can anyone show ANY contemporary document of ANY kind, that is as fresh as this one.That gives you a lot of leeway gent's.... I'm sorry, but to me, it's blatantly fake.

I take no pleasure from this, but it is my sincere opinion, and you know what they say, opinions are like a********, everyone's got one, so feel free to tell me!!

Absit Invidia, Ned.

Hi Ned,

I will go out onto the limb with you here (perhaps it will break and we will both come crashing down) but I too found it more than a little odd for it to be in such pristine condition, but then perhaps bob may reply that Arnold had two and this one was left packed away?? That may explain its obvious new condition, but the rust on the staples then seems to blow that theory out of the water, the rust on the bottom staple does seem extreme (artificial?) for the rest of the documents condition?

I hope I am mistaken, because if this turned out to be a reproduction, as well as the ID disc..............well it would make me concerned about the other items obtained with the collection

Sorry to post my thoughts

Grant

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast