Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Article about: Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

Default Re: SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?
    P
    Many

For those of you who are concerned, please note tht I have been at this for 54 years and did not just fall off the turnip truck. The document was housed in a black oilskin container. Arnold held this position for about one year. As he would also have a Soldbuch and a Wehrpass, who is to say how many times this document was used. He may never of had to produce this ausweiss. I have the advantage of holding the document in hand which you do not. The paper is in excellent but not brand new condition. To say the ink still looks wet is ridiculous. Anyway, I wish to thank those of all opinions but will not post anything further from this grouping as it appears to be a waste of all's time. It has been seen in hand by MANY leading SS collectors from both the USA and Europe-GErmans, British and Americans. There has NEVER been one concern over anything in the group.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

By the way, the ausweiss is not made of paper.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    For those of you who are concerned, please note tht I have been at this for 54 years and did not just fall off the turnip truck. The document was housed in a black oilskin container. Arnold held this position for about one year. As he would also have a Soldbuch and a Wehrpass, who is to say how many times this document was used. He may never of had to produce this ausweiss. I have the advantage of holding the document in hand which you do not. The paper is in excellent but not brand new condition. To say the ink still looks wet is ridiculous. Anyway, I wish to thank those of all opinions but will not post anything further from this grouping as it appears to be a waste of all's time. It has been seen in hand by MANY leading SS collectors from both the USA and Europe-GErmans, British and Americans. There has NEVER been one concern over anything in the group.

Hi Bob,

I know that I in no way wished to imply you "... did not just fall off the turnip truck", but by posting a question regarding this item, I have to say that I for one am disappointed that you have decided not to "... post anything further from this grouping as it appears to be a waste of all's time."

I know that it is not a waste of my time to see such items and to have explained to me just why my concerns would not be pertinent.

I feel that if an advanced collector posts his items for the world to see on the WWW, then in my opinion, that advanced collector should not expect everyone to just say things like, great item, excellent stuff etcetera every time. Sometimes the collectors items may be questioned about condition, provenance or genuineness, everyone does have their opinion!

I find it quite disappointing when that collector then says, he will just not post anything else, it always then makes me feel as though they may not wish to accept or hear anything except positive comments, and don't like their advanced collection scrutinized. It reminds me of the rich kid down the block who doesn't always win, taking his bat and ball home. However that kid can do as he likes.

Just my two cents worth.

Grant

On this Forum, I only answer to Ade. When a statement is made about a document as being paper and it is evident that it is not paper, that person should not be commenting. Like any member here, I have the right to share or not share as I see fit. I owe no explanations to you.
    BOB

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    If the Hohenstaufen is a fake there is a "recommended" militaria dealer selling fakes. This particular dealer was just recommended to someone on here in the past few days.

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Hi Mike, the "Dealer" that I was going to get this from, I think are fair good sellers. I knew there was a lot of fake SS things floating around, so that is why I made this post originally.

I thought maybe it was a good tag because the "dealers" are relic hunters. I have bought from them a few times, and have been very happy with the items. Like said, this is my first Tag, and wanted to be sure.

As stated in a response in this thread, opinions are like a..holes, everybody has one I think all the 9 pages of replies to this post are great, and invaluable to people like myself, who are not so "deep" into collecting SS items.

Advice to self: Stay away from SS dog tags. And if not able to, post pics of them here, and elsewhere if needed to get all the "opinions" and info possible before buying one.

Hi Bob, you have nice stuff, and yes, the post got a little off track, you are correct. It's All good though.

Regards, Steve

On this Forum, I only answer to Ade. When a statement is made about a document as being paper and it is evident that it is not paper, that person should not be commenting. Like any member here, I have the right to share or not share as I see fit. I owe no explanations to you.
    Bob,

I certainly never meant to imply you had to answer to anyone? Explanations or posting items is as you say entirely your prerogative, I only said that once the item is posted then it is open to scrutinizing by one and all, after all we are all members and equal here.

I noticed that you say it is not paper, but in your previous post you say that "The paper is in excellent but not brand new condition" so perhaps you could understand others being confused now you say it is not paper.

I wish you all the best, and in no way want you to feel anything but comfortable posting your items, even if some get in my opinion reasonably questioned. A good robust discussion on items is one of this forums goals.

Do you have any other SS dog tags we could look at and learn from, that would surely get this topic back on track.

Best wishes,

Grant

By the way, the ausweiss is not made of paper.
    Oh really?

I hate to point it out, but your previous post says, quote;'The paper is in excellent(,) but not brand new condition,' So then, what is it, card, as i originally said, or some other form of writing material...

Let's stop cheese paring here Bob, You're gear looks phoney on more than a couple of points as far as what you've posted on this 'Arnold' fella so far... It is therefore unsurprising that other members here have asked for other items to be posted from this UNIQUE GROUPING that you own.

Your choice not to do so, condemns your 'Arnold' collection to being, at best, suspect, if not fake. So please try, i beg you!!

Don't throw your toys out the pram(again..remember the Tk tab thread with comments you didn't like) just PLEASE,PLEASE, show something here and now, that can aid your belief in the veracity of this grouping for Herr Arnold, because sir, so far, it adds up to jack..

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Easy guys. This is not an Inquisition and I will not tolerate rude and disrespectful behavior.

This is a civil warning that if this accusatory language is continued, disciplinary action will be taken.

Bob Hritz

I thought this post was about the SS dog tag I was thinking of buying?

I think SS items are all very well rare and interesting from a historical standpoint, but when "people" have such a strong interest to have, touch, feel, sniff, collect, breath, eat, sleep, argue SS, there is something wrong with them, unless they work for a museum, and do it for the education of new generations of young people to learn, and hopefully get an education of what assholes the SS were.

The SS were ASSHOLES. My Grandfather a full Jew, and a Captain in The US Medical Corp WWII, would be able to verify that first hand. Unfortunately he died in 1962, so cannot contribute here. He personally saw what the bastards did to other human beings.

Their purpose, ideals and all their other BS, was the most evil in the history of the world.

It is really great for people to collect these items used by them, to save for histories sake, and education, but..........come on now Bob, do not take your bat and ball home with you. If you know it's real, or feel it's real, or 1,000 other collectors feel it is real, than you can sleep.

It's a really "neat" grouping, but would not pay big money for it, even if a billionaire. Certainly would not get upset if someone questioned it's originality. To each their own though.

I just wanted a "relic" tag lost in battle to display with my gun and grenade collection, and an SS tag would have been a plus, thus the reason for this thread/post.

Regards, Steve

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast