Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Article about: Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

Default Re: SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Steve,

I agree this thread was about your questions, but has turned into a frenzy of accusations and innuendos. I am ready to close this thread if it does not get back to the issue. If all has been answered, on your question, it might be time to close it anyway.

Everyone will find that I have do not like rude behavior; I will not tolerate it.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?
    P
    Many

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Steve,

I agree this thread was about your questions, but has turned into a frenzy of accusations and innuendos. I am ready to close this thread if it does not get back to the issue. If all has been answered, on your question, it might be time to close it anyway.

Everyone will find that I have do not like rude behavior; I will not tolerate it.

Bob Hritz
    Hi Bob, I got my answers, and then some. So much for SS tags. Too many fakes. Unless I dig it, or my friend in Holland finds one, forget it.

SS collectors are very funny people I have found. Interesting thread.

Regards, Steve

Hi Bob,

I for one would ask that the thread not be closed as in my opinion it still has valuable information that can be added regarding SS dogtags. It may also appear as though one moderator/friend is protecting another moderator/friend from having his posted items looked at, even if this is not the case I reiterate, that this is not the case, just how it could appear to someone who is new to this discussion/forum.

Cheers,

Grant

My error in using the word paper and corrected it in the next post. The material is linen and the ausweiss was housed in an oilskin slip cover that protected it over the years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

So, looks like we have a time to create the original SS dogtag database...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    So, looks like we have a time to create the original SS dogtag database...
    Hi Dimas,

What a good idea, I for one would trust your input in this. If you could post some that you have personally dug out of the ground, or been with the person when a disc was dug up, then I think that this would be a great database.

The fact that someone has had a disc in their collection for 30 years or so doesn't in my opinion make it genuine. If ones that you can be absolutely sure of (dug with remains etc) could be posted, then a database of types/fonts would be absolutely invaluable.

I fear it may make some collectors worry about their items, but in the spirit of truthfulness, this would be invaluable. I hope you can find the time and discs to start this idea.

Might I suggest if it can be got underway, then other disc's from private collections be posted separately so as not to confuse the dug originals from the thought originals.

Cheers,

Grant

Steve,

Maybe an honest army example would be a better idea for your display?

I didn't have high hopes for my 2 SS tags and it looks like 1 is wrong so 50% failure rate is not good and when they command stupid prices its just not worth it. I'm glad I only swapped for some of my Army boots etc.

Regards

Jock

PHILBROWN
    ?

am i losing the plot? theres a load of posts deleted why, did i miss something naughty with out me being involved seriously why have posts been deleted ?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    am i losing the plot? theres a load of posts deleted why, did i miss something naughty with out me being involved seriously why have posts been deleted ?
    Hi Phil,

I have just returned and noticed the posts gone as well. It would seem that Big Ned and myself can not question an item posted by an advanced collector (no names mentioned) without it being censored, it makes it hard for others to judge the robust discussion that took place Still I believe you found that out recently as well

What is even odder is the item the advanced collector posted is no longer visible for others to judge either, would seem as though it's not what you know but whom

Not being rude, just posting my opinion.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Guys, I have only just signed on. I am going to close this thread while I review this thread. It has gone way off topic.

I have moved the Japanese dog tags question to the Axis allies forum.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast