Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Dress Tuxedo Badge

Article about: I understand your frustration, Brian. But this is one of the few items that the fakers haven't nailed. I also think it's an Old Boy's Club factor also. I wouldn't get very frustrated by it.

Default Re: SS Dress Tuxedo Badge

This item in question came from the Hayes collection, depicted in one of the Schiffer books. More attractive and seized of more inherent worth is the SS Cap eagle that he also sold, with a wonderful degree of fine embroidery.

To each his own.....

and as concerns this "scull" thingy: ohne mich!SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dress Tuxedo Badge
    P
    Many

?

I got a fake one for free many years ago and still have it for some strange reason. I would rather have a nice cap or tunic than a real one ,. however.

?

That eagle has very fine embroidery indeed. Much nicer than the skull thingy of this thread. I would prefore an early Black SS visor cap, or a piece of fine Allach porcelain, in my oppinion.

Cheers, Patrick

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This item in question came from the Hayes collection, depicted in one of the Schiffer books. More attractive and seized of more inherent worth is the SS Cap eagle that he also sold, with a wonderful degree of fine embroidery.

To each his own.....

and as concerns this "scull" thingy: ohne mich!SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badge

SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badgeearly black SS cap.

SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeThanks for the kind words, dear friends. Very odd means of exchange via a post modern medium and I am never really sure of the parameters of the thing. What is certain is this: culture and civilization require that the legacy and tradition of one generation pass that which is valuable and exemplary to another.
    We might be on the verge of paradise or of human suffering on a unparalleled scale. Patrick will see the full shape of things to come, as I shall not. Maybe my experience with these things will form something of merit in his life and that of others. Or maybe all of this will vanish in an instant or slowly.

?

SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badgeearly black SS cap.
    I am fonder of the early ones. The one on Martin Stiles site is very nice, well, to my untrained eye I think it is good. But it doesent matter as I will never be able to afford it.

SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badge

Cheers, Patrick

That is also a nice piece. If it were before me, I would buy it. I have others not unlike it. Kupper of Wuppertal made these early caps, of course. I did buy a cap from the UK recently ex the Peter Jenkins treasures, but the money transfer was a total headache. The vendor, though, was a very congenial and pleasant soul, to be sure. I must dig out their name, as I endorse them fully. I have never bought from Stiles.

?

That is also a nice piece. If it were before me, I would buy it. I have others not unlike it. Kupper of Wuppertal made these early caps, of course. I did buy a cap from the UK recently ex the Peter Jenkins treasures, but the money transfer was a total headache. The vendor, though, was a very congenial and pleasant soul, to be sure. I must dig out their name, as I endorse them fully. I have never bought from Stiles.
    It is a nice piece. A nice leather visor on it aswell. It is still available. I will message you a link if you wish. Money transfers are not the easiest thing, I bought a cap a while ago, and just finished the transfer last week. I guess when you get used to paypal.
    I have never bought from Stiles, but I have heard pleasent reviews. And their caps are quite nice. Even though most of them are marked sold or on hold. But that said, this cap ticks all the boxes on the type of cap I like, early, leather visor exc. It has a repair on the side, I can just make it out on the first photograph. But it shant be, as it will be gone by the time I can afford to buy it. Hopefully I can find a similer piece in anouther five or six years when I have enough dough.

Cheers, Patrick

?

This Monkey jacket is for sale on Weitze's site.

SS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo BadgeSS Dress Tuxedo Badge

Best regards, Patrick

We might be on the verge of paradise or of human suffering on a unparalleled scale.
    Allow me to quote the man whose face and initials I have "borrowed" for my forum presence:

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Surely not what you meant about our future, but still one of my favorite quotes ever.

(Well, actually it is kind of appropriate here, as, after all, we are all busy piecing together dissociated knowledge... While some venues of collecting - like the hunt for SS breast badges - could surely lead one to go mad from certain revelations.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast