Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards

Article about: Here are some questionable boards i am looking at....... these are the only pics i have gotten so far. Any initial thoughts, i have my own, but i would like to get others views. thanks !!!!!

?

Default SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards

Here are some questionable boards i am looking at....... these are the only pics i have gotten so far. Any initial thoughts, i have my own, but i would like to get others views. thanks !!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone !!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards   SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards  

SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS EM infantry & Panzer Gren. shoulder boards

Come on guys, no opinions ?

I have almost given up commenting on shoulder straps now. I rely on in hand only.

But based upon these images. I would pass on them. The green piped pair looks just like a set of fakes I had in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade! I know what you are saying about the straps being so hard to tell ...... you really do need them in hand. I didn't think the green piped were good either. the White inf. , not so sure there. I was contemplating buying if i can get them at a great price, lol .......

Just noticed the title to the thread: SS Pz-Grenadiers did not wear green waffenfarbe. These are SS Gebirgsjäger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sorry Ade that was my slip up, lol ...... i actually know better...... i really have no idea why i labeled them as Grenadiers ! I think it was because i was having a side conversation about PZ. Grenadiers with my Father-in-law when i was posting this, lol

I am in the same boat as Ade, I love shoulder boards and I love SS cloth. That being said, I have tried to stick only to Vet pick ups and very reliable sources online. They have gotten so good with these it is becoming harder and harder to tell. This is my opinion on these though; if you cant get better up close shots and/or have a solid return policy so you can examine in hand, I would not take a chance if it were my hard earned money.

Regards,

Jeff

?

O.K . .................. so i picked up the Inf. boards, i didn't pay a whole lot, so i thought it was worth the gamble. The soiling on the piping and appearance warranted a try, lol ......... at best i spent a small sum on what could be a really good find...... or i got a nice pair of repros that will look great on a camo tunic i want to get for reenacting..... either way that small sum was worth the gamble. I will post pics when i get them in the mail. My father-in-law has been collecting for 42 yrs, i will show him when they arrive. Wish me luck !!!!

Yes, I agree with Ade and Jeff. A in hand is always the best way to come to a solid verdict.... I'm going out on a limb on these. I do like the sewing and material. From the posted photos they appear to look okay. I've heard that there was a recent find on several of these mid war SS EM boards, and have showed up on a recent on military site. They have stired up quit a bit of questions about being originals.