Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?

Article about: Greetings all. I know that experts on this forum have described the difficulty in authenicating shoulderboards from photos alone, but I hope this recently purchased set is distinctive enough

Default SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?

Greetings all. I know that experts on this forum have described the difficulty in authenicating shoulderboards from photos alone, but I hope this recently purchased set is distinctive enough for opinions to be made please. They were sold to me as Recon or Konzentationlager but the waffenfarbe exactly matches the color "Karmesinrot" (Veterinardienste) from my 1944 SS soldatenfreund diary. I have never seen Makers Marks (as shown) stamped like this onto SB's and have no reason to doubt it other than the year "1943" looks clearer and darker than the other writing.
    Could you please cast your views on authenicity and the role of the Veterinarian companies duringthe war. It seems to me, they would be an essential but "low-profile" part of a division.
    Than you for you time and opinions. Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?   SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?  

SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?   SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS EM Maker-marked Shoulderboards Genuine? Veterinardienste?

Hi Paul, I would return these.

They are fakes and made to deceive, partly from old feldgrau woolen material.

The use of the "Trikot" type black cloth is unusual. The construction of the tongues is wrong.

But the damming part is the ink stamp: these were a cap maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Ade. Thanks for the advice. I will seek a refund and can see why members run a check of their potential purchases past the experts on this site. I thought the boards compared favourably ( to other dealers dubious items probably). One's heart sinks when finding how hard-earned money is wasted and the antipication of a new purchase turns out to be falsely placed.
    Thanks, I appreciate the thorough explanation.
    Paul

Hi Paul, I think we all know that horrid sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach.

Thanks for supporting the forum with your Gold club membership. It is much appreciated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

About six months ago, a fake armband was posted with the same Wagner stamp.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.