MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?

Article about: Here are two Reinhard heydrich cuff titles, obtained from the same veteran. One has 6 strands and one has 7 strands. Otherwise, they are identical. Bob Hritz

?

Default SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?

SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?

OK, I have read up a bit on this one, and whilst there briefly was an SS Fallschirmjager unit nobody seems to know whether they were issued their own cuff title. It is in a job lot of other stuff that I will post on when I get some better pics, but thought I would start the ball rolling on this first.

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?

It's pure fantasy in my opinion.

Hi Al, it is a fantasy from an official issue point of view. I would never buy one.

HOWEVER, I do have a photo of an SS FJ who had one made up to wear on his uniform on his wedding day. Stictly unofficial and against regulations. I cannot post the pics as it from sent to me from an author.

Cheers, Ade.

Thats a shame Ade it would be great to see!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks again Ade, trust the common soldier to muddy the collecting hobby water!!This one passes the black light test, so it may be old, or just a good modern copy? When I get some better pics I will be back. The guy is either totally unaware of what he has or acting so, as he didn't even know what item was an Iron Cross!

Al

I believe there are two photos showing different versions of the SS-Fallschirmjaeger cuff title being worn. Then, there are the RZM Fallschirmjaeger cuff titles that were found in Czechoslovakia with the Deutschlands, Theodor Eickes, Langemarcks,a nd others. It is still under debate if they are wartime.

I refer to "Collecting Third Reich SS and Political Cuffbands" ,pages 14 and 15, by Ulrich of England (www.ulrich-publishing.com).

Ulrich's two books on cuff titles have extensive information on original construction as well as on detecting fakes, with many illiustrations.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Fallshirmjager cuff title - are we talking a fantasy piece?  

?

Thanks Bob. I will do some more investigating on this. I know from experience that the Czechs are very good at reproducing old versions of textiles cheaply, so I can see the reason for debate.

Al

Al,

All the other cuff titles from the Czech hoard were originals, mostly BeVo and flatwire types. The Fallschirmjaeger and Wallonien RZM titles were the only titles that were questioned. There are still the same questions as then.

Bob Hritz

?

I thought that all RZM authorised cuff titles had seven strand silver edging but on the one shown above there are only six

There are numerous originals with six strands.

Bob Hritz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast