Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Feldgrau Visor Cap

Article about: Hello folks, I recently found this cap at a fleamarket completely out of nowhere. I'm no expert on anything SS related, but I'm curious if it is real, and if it is what model this cap would

Default SS Feldgrau Visor Cap

Hello folks,

I recently found this cap at a fleamarket completely out of nowhere. I'm no expert on anything SS related, but I'm curious if it is real, and if it is what model this cap would be. It passed the black light test and only has a small tag on the inside marked 59. The silver Bullion also looks good but I don't see too much of it. The cap itself is in really good shape with only minor dirt stains on the top and a few small dings on the visor. It looks kind of like the M42 uniform color but my expertise comes from Wehrmacht/imperial german uniforms. Also if you take a real good look, you can see the outline of a totenkopf and eagle on the cap.

SS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor Cap
    Thanks guys,
    Klaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Feldgrau Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Hi Klaus

It's a reproduction.................sorry to be the first to break the bad news.

cheers

Tony

?

I agree with Tony, Sorry but it's a repro. It would have been an amazing find if Original.

Cheers, Pat

Hey no problem, fooled the crap out of me and I paid a grand total of 10$ for it. If you don't mind me asking, what did you see that tells you it's fake. Usually the fakes glow like a Christmas tree with blacklight and only the really well made ones use actual wire bullion.

SS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapIt is a stinker as the others suggest.

Here is an original. It is not mine, by the way.

The sweatshield is not period material. The silver piping, for a general officer, is not installed in the cap in the manner one would expect from a period cap as is also the sweatband. This is a ground up fake with material also not being what one would expect to find on a period cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

another genuine general officer gray cap made by Pekuro

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Feldgrau Visor Cap   SS Feldgrau Visor Cap  

SS Feldgrau Visor Cap  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor CapSS Feldgrau Visor Capan original black senior leader cap, the Oberfuehrermuetze.

Ahh I'm seeing it now. It's pretty scary how close they get these things nowadays.

A real cap is worlds apart from a fake, when one has trained one's eye to the details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast