Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS feldmütze RZM stamper

Article about: Hi gentlemen, I just want to share this fake (?) with the forum so the beginners like me don't buy this kind of things and think it's original. I have never seen this item before but a Swedi

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Thank you for that information

Here is the only original stamper I've seen since I started to look on dealer sites last year. It is original, right?
    I'm not into this kinds of things so I could have missed a few but I don't think that there are many for sale.

Attachment 970416
    Attachment 970417
    Attachment 970418
    This item strikes me as authentic. The faking of Nazi stamps is an old, old trick. It has existed for decades.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS feldmütze RZM stamper
    P
    Many

?

I've owned and handled numerous period ink stampers, including scarce SS and Gestapo examples. The vast majority one sees on the market are utter junk...either total fantasy or poor efforts at reproduction. The piece shown in the above post does, as our learned colleague states, appear to be an authentic example.

Carl

As this photo shows, rectangular wooden stampers DID exist.
    The collector just has to use some common sense in their assessment of their legitimacy.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS feldmütze RZM stamper  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As this photo shows, rectangular wooden stampers DID exist.
    Sure.

Seal stamps - which are by far the most widely faked kind of stamp - are always circular, but the vast majority of stamps in general, everyday administrative use were/are of the rectangular wooden type.

I speak as someone who has handled a lot of stamps.

Our old "friend" "Triggerself"/Sergey Bodrov who got himself banned from here for selling fake stamps such as these has continued to do so-and is still doing so-on eBay even today. When one thinks of the sheer Number just this One person has put into the collecting world and market, it is unbelievable. Factor in all the Other sellers of this fake crap and the number is staggering...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Buyers of something like these bogus stamps are a perfect example of collectors who do not do any homework on their own and always depend on others for an opinion.
    Such a thing is the norm, and that is why you, others and I carry the burden, amid endless assaults and insults.

In any case, no innocent person should be duped this way.

It is the proverbial ruin of the runes, and it is a total bore.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sure.

Seal stamps - which are by far the most widely faked kind of stamp - are always circular, but the vast majority of stamps in general, everyday administrative use were/are of the rectangular wooden type.

I speak as someone who has handled a lot of stamps.
    ...which, Andreas, are seldom made of glass in my experience. Nor is "stamper" the most felicitous world in the English language. It is a stamp.
    As distinguished from a postage stamp, etc.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-11-2016 at 03:44 AM.

SS feldmütze RZM stamperThe study of stamps, seals and such heraldry and so on is a very core area of history and the study of historical sources.

I am not especially expert in it, other than I am also a trained archivist, a veteran of pro seminars in German universities,

and also a victim of bureaucracy for more than forty years.

On good German "snot, Do not buy"

Had the best alerting of such auctions !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2