Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Financial Supporter's Badge

Article about: Hello Everyone, I purchased this badge about two years ago at a local flea market. I was not sure at the time if it was genuine but decided to take a gamble, considering the low asking price

?

Default SS Financial Supporter's Badge

Hello Everyone,

I purchased this badge about two years ago at a local flea market. I was not sure at the time if it was genuine but decided to take a gamble, considering the low asking price. I know that it's a Flemish Allgemeine SS financial supporter's badge (lapel type) but know little else. The seller obtained the badge from a family member of First Sergeant Harry Latcher, who brought it home as a souvenir at the end of WWII. Mr. Latcher, out of Richmond, Virginia, passed away in 2011. I had the opportunity to purchase many other souvenirs and personal military documents that belonged to Mr. Latcher, but unfortunately let them slip away.

Any comments or additional information that the members could provide about the badge or Mr. Latcher would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Financial Supporter's Badge   SS Financial Supporter's Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Financial Supporter's Badge
    P
    Many

Hello Tom I must confess I ve never studied these badges before. But the age and patina that your example shows is convincing. Here's a previous thread that discusses them more in detail. Hope it helps. If I had to gamble I d like the odds of yours being genuine. Neat item, thanks for posting it. Best regards.

Brian

Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin

SS Financial Supporter's BadgeSS Financial Supporter's Badge

Images of your example compared to the ones supplied from previous thread for comparison.

Brian

SS Financial Supporter's BadgeSS Financial Supporter's BadgeSS Financial Supporter's Badge

More examples from german arts.com and emedals respectfully. The only differences I can see is the German arts pin seems to have more space between the runes, and the upper case B seems more defined. But this could just be differences between manufacturers?

Brian

?

Thanks Brian! I appreciate your help.