Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Article about: I am currently interested in a tunic. Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

Default SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

I am currently interested in a tunic.
    Has anyone ever seen one of these before?
    SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fliegersturm 1931-33
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Not me.
    Im waiting for the those who know

In Storm Troops Insignia Guide page #99 has the winged propeller device for SA Flieger Unit 'Group Berlin Brandenberg' Which seems to match the tab on the tunic.Bob Coleman will see this and will know what this is! Rank is Truppfuhrer.

Thanks gents, if original I think it is of great historical importance, it apparently has no labelling or stamps; of tricot material.

A black service tunic for an SS-Fliegersturm member would be an incredibly rare item, given the rather small size of this branch and its short existence, especially considering the fact that the black tunic appeared in 1932 and the SA- and SS-Fliegerstürme were already incorporated into the DLV in September 1933.

I will leave other more knowledgable members to comment on the tunic itself, but one thing that immediately concerns me is the piping:

At the time that the Fliegerstürme ceased to exist, men and NCOs still had white collar patch piping.

Yes HPL,

I want to love this tunic but something holds me back, yet I have seen photos of this tunic but I cannot discern the piping.

Looking closely at a period photo of 3 Fliegersturm members it appears that their piping is not white, I'll try and post the photo.

Just in case it is the photo from the Angolia book: Do note that I was referring to the collar patch piping; not the collar piping.

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry but I'm a dinosaur, do I have to start a new thread? I cant attach photos to my reply!!??!!

F-B,What do you think about the SS "KAMPFBINDE" applied to this tunic?It appears someone tried to enhance this piece with the SS armband.Also the odds on it being an SS Fleigersturm are remote to say the least!.Goodbuys
    Last edited by goodbuys; 03-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast