Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Article about: I am currently interested in a tunic. Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

Default Re: SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

I want the the IMO part of my previous post stricken as i post this info from Volume I of MOLLO'S Allgemeine -SS 1923-1945 book page #48 has the following.SS-FLIEGERSTURM was formed in Munich in Nov.1931.In Sept. 1933 all SS flying units were as F-B stated were incorporated into the DLV.There appears to have no official insignia to identify SS flying personal,but some wore a white metal winged propeller on the right collar patch.Certain members wore an SA/SS pilot's wings on their right breast.#1 Uniforum der Braunhemden p25. #2-3 Ritter von Schleich.Illustration between pp 176& 177.I HOPE THIS IS SOME HELP. Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fliegersturm 1931-33
    P
    Many

Not really the correct forum for these buckles, however I thought that the winged propeller emblem may be of slight interest to some.

An extensively faked buckle by the way and to include with the inclusion of newly produced and artificially aged emblems.

Regards,

David

@Greimers: Go to the bottom right of the screen, also the part where u can type (reply to thread), and click "Go Advanced" .
    This will give u the options to upload pictures without starting a new thread.

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    F-B,What do you think about the SS "KAMPFBINDE" applied to this tunic?It appears someone tried to enhance this piece with the SS armband.Also the odds on it being an SS Fleigersturm are remote to say the least!.Goodbuys
    Well I'm not F-B;

Here is an example of one of mine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Fliegersturm 1931-33   SS Fliegersturm 1931-33  

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A black service tunic for an SS-Fliegersturm member would be an incredibly rare item, given the rather small size of this branch and its short existence, especially considering the fact that the black tunic appeared in 1932 and the SA- and SS-Fliegerstürme were already incorporated into the DLV in September 1933.

I will leave other more knowledgable members to comment on the tunic itself, but one thing that immediately concerns me is the piping:

At the time that the Fliegerstürme ceased to exist, men and NCOs still had white collar patch piping.
    Very sound analysis. This single picture is no basis to purchase an object of this type. Also, the insignia should be of the era 1933, which these do not appear to be, i.e. the black and white piping on the collar, white embroidered insignia and collar patch piping. If this tunic has insignia with alu and black piping, such was for company grade officers in 1933.

The uniform is also not cut as the early items, which had varying collars as well as a long skirt. I might be wrong, but I would look awfully close at said object. The absence of any tags is alright in an early uniform, but doubt is the best guide.

Black SS material has been faked from the beginning, even before the beginning, if the RZM is to be believed, and a uniform of this rarity requires the scrutiny of some experienced souls.SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

The circular is from the year 1935 as regards changes made in insignia in months prior.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.

F-B,What do you think about the SS "KAMPFBINDE" applied to this tunic?It appears someone tried to enhance this piece with the SS armband.Also the odds on it being an SS Fleigersturm are remote to say the least!.Goodbuys
    The arm band is too low, it should be more or less lined up with the top of the pocket, but never say never. SS armbands are attached in all ways, but you are right that this one looks a little off to me, but this image really says little.

I want the the IMO part of my previous post stricken as i post this info from Volume I of MOLLO'S Allgemeine -SS 1923-1945 book page #48 has the following.SS-FLIEGERSTURM was formed in Munich in Nov.1931.In Sept. 1933 all SS flying units were as F-B stated were incorporated into the DLV.There appears to have no official insignia to identify SS flying personal,but some wore a white metal winged propeller on the right collar patch.Certain members wore an SA/SS pilot's wings on their right breast.#1 Uniforum der Braunhemden p25. #2-3 Ritter von Schleich.Illustration between pp 176& 177.I HOPE THIS IS SOME HELP. Carl
    Sound analysis. Thanks. The von Ekelen book does indeed make this point. I have the reprint.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-24-2012 at 07:24 PM.

SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Look at the armband on the member in the centre !!??!!
    Last edited by greimers; 03-24-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Additional information

[QUOTE=greimers;516829]SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Look at the armband on the member in the centre !!??!![/QUOTE

Notice the collar of the tunics in question in your photo, as mentioned in my note. Contrast these with the piece you enclosed.

SS Fliegersturm 1931-33SS Fliegersturm 1931-33

Thanks as always FB, some closer images of the tunics insignia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast