Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS FM Honor Pin Document

Article about: Hi All, I received this in the mail yesterday and was hoping to get some more opinions on it. It seems to be some sort of document associated with the SS FM honor pin. Does anyone else have

PEB
    ?

Default SS FM Honor Pin Document

Hi All,
    I received this in the mail yesterday and was hoping to get some more opinions on it. It seems to be some sort of document associated with the SS FM honor pin. Does anyone else have one or have they seen one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS FM Honor Pin Document   SS FM Honor Pin Document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS FM Honor Pin Document
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS FM Honor Pin Document

I cannot comment on authenticity; but I can tell you what it says. It does indeed concern the SS FM Honor Pin, specifically its institution. The text translates as:

"The Reichsführer-SS

Berlin, 1 October 1935

To the patron members of the
    Schutzstaffel

6 years ago, when the FM organization was created during the hardest time of political struggle, it was the only possibility to make the Schutzstaffel of the NSDAP viable, thanks to our FM comrades' willingness to make sacrifices.

In victory and defeat, these German men and women with their sense of sacrifice have remained faithful to the
    Schutzstaffel.

It is my heartfelt wish to express my gratitude to each and every one of them. This is the only form in which I can do it, for I see no other way.

In order to give a visible expression of this gratitude, I have decided to award

an Honor Pin

to the more senior FM comrades.

I would like to take this occasion to ask our patron members to keep up their old, tried faithfulness to the
    Schutzstaffel."

PEB
    ?

HPL2008
    Thank You for the translation! A friend of mine had translated it for me as well and concluded that the script and German text used seemed to be period. From the feedback I have received from other collectors, it seems to be an extremely rare document that many have not seen before!

?

HPL2008 Thank you for the translation of this document and your many contributions to this site. We are all very lucky to benefit from your knowledge. As F-B reminds us these primary sources provide invaluable insights not availible elsewhere.
    SS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin DocumentSS FM Honor Pin Document

Doubtful document. Did Himmler sign anything in black ink? All that I've generally seen of his came in green indelible pencil...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

PEB
    ?

The document is not a hand signed item but rather a facsimile signature consistent with other documents issued with the Julleuchter, Julkerz, etc.

Good item, I have only seen one once before in my friend's collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Doubtful document. Did Himmler sign anything in black ink? All that I've generally seen of his came in green indelible pencil...
    As an aside....Himmler signed Honor Ring and Honor Sword docs in black! which sometimes has faded to a brown.

See? You learn something new all the time...Welcome to the Forum, btw,Baron!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

SS FM Honor Pin DocumentThanks! and btw, when Himmler signs things in black ink it is a very sexy signature!